Lsu Arkansas Game back to Fridays

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerleg24, Jan 18, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think Shaun Alexander just rushed for another hundred yards on us....

2. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire
    :po::po::po:

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Well, I usually have to work on the Friday so I'm not able to watch a Friday afternoon game. I would prefer it on Sat. as well.

4. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

I'm a youngin, when I think of Shaun Alexander I think of the Seattle Seahawks.

5. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Actually, I did look. Ole Miss and Tenn were horrible, no great advantage that they had a bye. bama had a bye for LSU, so that's a wash. tha leaves Miss. St and South Carolina who got a distinct advantage, since they were the only solid teams who had a bye.

If it had been us, I would have complained :wink: But with the all the breaks y'all got (and still get, 10 games without a holding penalty?) from the SEC officials, I don't think you're going to find a lot of sympathy here.

6. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Keep looking. You didn't mention Auburn. You know, NC, in all the papers.

7. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Still can't believe your boys packed thier bags at halftime in that one...

That might have been the only time I've ever rooted for Bama, and I felt dirty for it. The least your guys could do is finish the damn game!

8. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

Actually, we're determined to keep our two traditional season ending games as they have been for decades. Since the mid 60s our season has ended with GA then Bama, though in the days of 10 game regular seasons, everyone had more off weeks and those often happened for Auburn and Bama before the Iron Bowl. After the league expanded and we added a conference game, from 1993-2006 we played Georgia and Bama with no off week in between.

And that worked fine until a few years ago when the SEC mandated that all the conference teams had to have their final regular season game on the same weekend (Thanksgiving weekend) so that no one had an extra week off before the SEC title game. That meant the Iron Bowl had to move back a week. But Georgia can't always move the Auburn game back to that week before the Bama game. So rather than insert some meaningless patsy in between the GA and UA games, we just take an off week if UGA can't or won't move the Auburn game back.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Nope. Saban has become our natural rival.

10. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

I love the Arky game on Friday! For me, we travel to NOLA for Thanksgiving whenever they play in BR. I love the idea of being in NOLA for the family on Thursday, and then in BR for the game on Friday. Saturday & Sunday are then free to do whatever we want before heading back to the ATL.