Lsu Arkansas Game back to Fridays

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerleg24, Jan 18, 2011.

1. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

So if you took the time to read the context of the thread it's more to my continuous point. We had 6 sec teams who feel their most important game to get ready for is Alabama and this practice has gone on for a number of years. Auburn's bye is right where they want it and has nothing to do with Georgia. No one accidentally does this. If the SEC doesn't change it, the schools obviously won't.

2. TUSKtimes

Thus the handle. That's fine, it was part of the equation that I mentioned has evolved in the past 10 years.

3. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

You don't comprehend things very well. How you think anything I said proves your point is beyond me.

We played UGA and Bama back to back for 14 seasons straight and would still be doing so if the SEC hadn't forced the Iron Bowl back a week. The fact that we don't insert some FCS scrimmage in between you now is simply a factor of Georgia not being willing to slide the Auburn game back. You chose to play a complete nobody the week before us. Georgia State gives an SEC team all the resistance of a wet paper towel. It's a defacto off week.

Quit your whining. We played seven teams this year who played an FCS team the week before playing us. It happens. But our off week is due to us wanting to keep our final two games of the season against our two biggest rivals and the SEC monkeying with the schedule.

4. TUSKtimes

Comprehend very well. Auburn did not have to play ONE, even ONE, not ONE, SEC team who had two weeks to prepare for the barn, period.

5. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

none of us care.

evidently, bama thinks LSU is their biggest game, since they take their open date before LSU every year.

6. TitanTiger (AU)

When you play an FCS team, you may as well have two weeks. If you think Saban spent more that 10 minutes gameplanning for Ga. State, you're loony. And the same went for the others. They gave a token look at game film for Western LaFayette A&M or whoever, then spent the rest of the time that week preparing for Auburn. And come Saturday (or in your case Thursday), they'd go out and hammer the hapless lower division school and rest the starters for the balance of the afternoon.

But the bottom line is, stick to what you know. You don't know beans about why Auburn's schedule is the way it is and you only highlight your ignorance when you pretend you do.

1 person likes this.
  7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Please take the AU/Bama arguments to a new thread or different board. Thank you...

8. TitanTiger (AU)

Nah, I'll just let it drop. It was ridiculous to begin with.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

When I joined TF I was a fan of Saban. Now it's just my user name. Kinda like the red elephant has lost it's teeth but you still have the same name.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You think that's bad, what about the poor Austrian kids that were named Adolf in the early 30's..