News LSU as "Position" U.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

“How many SECs has (Saban) won there (at Alabama) in eight years?” Spurrier said. “He’s won two. He’s won three nationals, but he’s only won two SECs in eight years. Now, if you had the No. 1 recruiting class every year and so forth, I don’t know if he has maxed out potentially as well as he could.”

Steve Spurrier June 2014

red55, didit, TigerTap and 3 others like this.
  2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Welcome to the world of UNC Basketball.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Should have at least 3 more championships IMO.

2006 2011 2012

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

The entire dam program is a "stepping stone". Look at how many of our former assistant coaches are head coaches at top notch programs. Fisher, Pellini, Muschamp. We HAVE to lead in that category.

5. LSUTiga

Dig deal. Think about how stupid someone would sound if they said, "Barbe won three State Championships but only two District titles. LMAO.

6. LaSalleAve

It's true though Alabama was gifted a rematch they didn't deserve.

TigerTap likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

Yeah I get that but surely you see the parallels. In other words, "The Big Prize". Do you know who has how many Big 10 Championships? ACC Championships? Point being, National Championships are what people remember- as State Championships on the HS level.

I agree but I did think they were the "next best team" at the time. Regardless, my point was towards National Championships > Conference Championships.

8. LaSalleAve

Hindsight, Okie Lite lost on the road that year in sloppy conditions and played a better schedule than Bama. It's always going to sound like sour grapes from me, and it is to an extent, but Okie Lite should have been in that game not Alabama who lost at home and didn't score a TD or even smell the endzone.

didit and LSUDad like this.
  9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Damn, that was funny, can you write some more of that stuff. I can't speak it, but when I read it ...awesome!

TigerTap and LSUDad like this.
  10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Tap bringin' the pain!! Nice work, sir.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. bama has a trillion dollar recruiting budget, the SEC offices in their backyard, a perennial joke of a schedule, every officiating advantage you can think of, the devil himself roaming their sidelines, and yet they're still just marginally better than LSU, who operates with much more limited resources. I mean, shit, all that, and their recent championship seasons have still hinged on a stupid amount of good fortune. If that's your gold standard, then head to the nearest Walmart and stock-up on crimson. Meanwhile, the rest of us will appreciate the fact that LSU has gained such notoriety on a national scale, and the advantages that will continue to come along with it.