News LSU as "Position" U.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

(in the most sarcastic voice I can muster) "Man you know those gumps sure got it made, so I'll just go ahead and settle for second place"....SMH

Let's just be happy that we have national notoriety!! Woo hoo!!! The notoriety for tanking 21-0 in a title game against those lucky gumps who hold all the cards.

End sacastic tone here.

Who gives a fuck what Bama has!!! They deserve less, why because they are not LSU. And LSU and supporters don't do themselves any favors by making excuses, or accepting 2nd place as a consulation prize. Fuck Bama, Saban, Crimson and white, Tuscaloosa, Elephants, Tide boxes and toilet paper rolls.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Well, hey, that's your prerogative if you choose to be miserable.

And I'm glad that you don't accept anything less than perfection in your own life.

LSUDad, TigerTap, ParadiseiNC and 2 others like this.
  3. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

That's what happens when you play in the SEC. The level of talent all across the conference is very talented. Teams like Ole Miss are starting to bring in some very talented athletes. Also great coaching as well.

LSUDad and Contained Chaos like this.
  4. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

"LSU Football is having its most successful period ever, and I can't enjoy it because one other team has the temporary upper hand! I'm going to cry and shit my pants and stomp my feet and DEMAND perfection from those underachievers! Watching football isn't fun unless I get every result I want every year! Can you even READ my No Fear T-Shirt in size XXXL? It says 'Second Place is First Loser' bro! Think about it."

TigerTap, Winston1, titoabad1 and 5 others like this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

That is awesome.

titoabad1 and LSUDad like this.
  6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

LSU is ranked so high in these position groupings because of the job done by Les and his staff. You can't automatically assume any of the players who have made us the top ranked college for sending DB'S, WR'S, DLINE, etc to the NFL would have come to LSU. All of these great players had to be recruited very hard and then developed by this staff.

Anyone who hasn't enjoyed the past 8 seasons as a whole isn't really a fan of compete sports but just someone who doesn't understand the competitive nature of the SEC and CFB on general. Supposed fans who can only point out constantly that Bama has won more championships than us to belittle our head coach aren't really fans of the sport. They are ignorant, selfish, pompous individuals who love to rant about Miles imperfections and our tolerance of a coach who has had the most successful tenure of any coach in our history.

I can understand when we question a decision, preparedness, etc. But to constantly disparage the man & therefore his staff & players shows me that some folks have a personal agenda for some reason. Thank goodness that the powers that be don't have the same outlook & that we don't have the old athletics board running things any longer.

People who aren't satisfied with Coach Miles haven't come close to having a much success in their own professional lives as he has had at LSU. How many people can lay claim to being in the top 2 or 3 percent in their position/profession. How many can say that they've run a business that was the best in the nation or continually is doing better than 90-95% of their competitors. I bet not many can make that claim.

Guys that dislike Miles and want him replaced are just like the idiots that wanted to fire Lombardi, Bryant, Bill B., Bobby Cox, Tommy Lasorda, Tom Landry, Chuck Knoll, Marv Levy, Bud Grant, etc.

Enough said.

7. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

WELL SAID cajdav1

TigerTap and LSUDad like this.
  8. Kal-El012

Man you got me.. I don't know what I was thinking. LSU does have the greatest program in college football and I have blind for the past 10 years. Color me a changed man... Damn my hidden agenda and total lack of knowledge of football. Damn my overzealousness and ridiculous expectations as a fan. How dare I speak anything negative of the guy in charge! Can't believe it took me this long to see the light.

Thanks Tap, Dav, Chaos, Robidoux, (and any of you I have forgotten) you guys are the greatest and truely have incredible football minds. You know exactly what every fan needs and should expect from their favorite college football team.

After all, wins are the only thing that matters, and if loses happen, there is always a great excuse why the tigers just didn't get it done. None of which would include the head coach or staff.

Man what a relief. phew. The weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. The storm clouds have finally parted. I finally can go on with my life in harmony. Man I was so miserable before today. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't come to this point of resolution.

My life has now a whole new meaning.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Took you long enough.

10. Kal-El012

All the cool kids are doing it, so why not. Better late than never.

LSUDad likes this.