LSU/ASU on DTV Ch. 782

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerFan90, Sep 10, 2004.

1. jeffoxiam

jeffoxiam Founding Member

I just tried to order online, but there is no order now button. For the other games there is opiton to order now, but for LSU's game it just shows a close window button. I only found it by searching. It does not show up on the program guide. sigh...

2. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I'm looking at the guide right now and I don't see the LSU game listed, however I do see the La-Lafayette/LA Tech game on 773.

I'm in Gay-10 country as well, but I have to admit we get our fair share of games from around the country . . . I can watch college football all day and not see one PAC 10 game.

Heck, today I get 2 sec match ups (Ole Miss/ALa and GA/SoC). If you have the sports pack (And you watch CBS, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, TBS, and the various FOX sports networks . . . you can watch 18 games today). Right now I'm watching UNLV/Wisc and FresnoSt/KSU . . . waiting for Mich/ND and March/OhioSt to start. Good day of games. The only thing that sucks is that I have to listen to the Tigers through the computer at 5.

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

It's still there. I tried to post a printscreen here showing it on the schedule but the file size is too large.

Here's an excerpt from the screenshot that shows the listing:

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

So can it be ordered on DTV?

5. TejasTiger

I'm the wrong guy to ask since I don't have DTV. It is shown on their website, though.

I'm calling my local sports bar to see if they show the game on their schedule for 782 at 7pm tonight.

6. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

Are you seeing it online, or on the guide?

I just checked the guide and the LSU game isn't there. I called last night and they told me they didn't have the game available, but those DirecTV tele-operators have been known to be wrong about PPV sporting events.

i'll get it if it is available.

7. TejasTiger

I just got off the phone with a DTV rep and made it painfully clear that I was calling about the LSU v. Arkansas St game that the online program guide had listed for channel 782 at 7pm central tonight and the rep who helped me---who apparently knows nothing about sports---was emphatic in telling me that no such game was being shown on channel 782.

I guess that's it, then. I'd go to a sports bar to watch this, but I wouldn't watch it on my computer at home.

8. TejasTiger

Online. I don't have DTV myself.

9. LSUinPA

LSUinPA Founding Member

So far, its still shows up on in the guide on my TV and on the online DTV guide. It may be blacked out in BR.

The post below has a link to it in the online guide...

http://www.tigerforums.com/showpost.php?p=177845&postcount=7

10. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I'm in Los Angeles, and as of right now it is not listed in the guide. I haven't checked online yet, never had to in the past.

It's not a big deal, it is probably blacked out here, or just not available. Usually when something is blacked out, it still shows up on the guide. I had this problem last year with a couple of our cupcake games that were not nationally televised (I can't remember the game, but it was listed and I ordered it, but when the game came on it wasn't LSU). I called and got my money back . . . the problem is that the telephone reps for DirecTV have no idea what is or is not broadcast (at best they are confused).

Thanks for the link though, it will come in handy for the rest of the season.