LSU/ASU on DTV Ch. 782

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerFan90, Sep 10, 2004.

1. LSUinPA

LSUinPA Founding Member

Doesn't surprise me...DTV has always been flaky IMO...

I still see it, but haven't tried to buy it. Maybe its only available to certain zipcodes?

2. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I just checked online and it is there, so I called and I was told it wasn't available. Oh well.

3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Wow, this has really turned into a fiasco. Sorry about that guys. Who the hell knows what DTV is doing. They are flaky. Typical satellite stuff, you gotta search for the programming yourself. It still won't let me order either, but shows up on my guide. Maybe as we get closer to game time. I have no idea why they wouldn't let the entire country order it if it is being offered anywhere within the DTV system. We'll see.

4. Missing LSU

Missing LSU Founding Member

ESPN pulled the game

According to DirecTV, they received an email from ESPN that the game was being pulled from the Game Plan schedule.

5. philter

philter Founding Member

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

fyi, dtv definately outsources its customer service to a foreign country (probably india)--so its no surprise if they know nothing of college football

7. TigerFan90

Game is now listed on the internet guide. It wasn't early this morning. About ESPN game plan. Other games are being listed for individual PPV at $19.95. The LSU game is $29.95. I didn't think this was an ESPN game plan game in the first place. When I checked the game plan schedule a couple of weeks ago at dtv.com, there was no mention of the LSU/ASU game at all. I am telling you, go with the guide and see what happens.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

It pisses me off that the media will show a bad ND team for years every year or even
    a ND team or any other team than LSU after winning a NC.
    But
    They will not show this LSU game tonight and if they do its $10 more than any other
    game? :angry: :cuss: :cuss:

9. TigerFan90

No offense to those people, but they don't know nothin' about nothin'. If I call Dell customer service, it's the same thing. Usually, I can't even understand them

About ND. They suck. If the suck long enough, which they will, the networks will slowly drop them - I hope. Tyrone, your days may be numbered.

10. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

You can't really compare LSU and ND, because ND has an entire network deal for only their games. No other school has that kind of a deal, and I believe NBC has the rights to ND games until 2015 or something like that.

LSU is lucky that the SEC signed on with CBS, and not ABC . . . that way they have a better chance of being featured and on TV more often. Between ESPN and CBS, LSU and the SEC have plenty of games on nationally. Last year only 2 LSU games were not on nationally and I was able to see one of them with gameplan (I live in Los Angeles, so that is pretty good). The only other conference that has such a good deal is the Big12 (They get coverage on FOXsports, ESPN, ABC, and TNT/TBS).

I ended up having to listen to the game on lsusports.net. I figure that will be the last time I have to do that all season. The only other game I'm worried about is Troy. However, with Troy playing as well as they have and LSU ranked so high . . . I can see ESPN showing that game. We all know AU, GA, FL, Ole Miss, ALA, Ark, Miss St and most likely Vandy will all be on National TV (if not the feature game on Gameday or CBS). Really, that is not too bad and much better than it has ever been for the Tigers.