LSU - Auburn Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JayB, Jan 20, 2010.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yeah, they've lost 7 of their last 8 games (4 of them by lopsided scores), with the only win coming against McNeese St. They start off SEC play with four straight losses, three by lopsided scores to equal-caliber teams and now we lose to an Auburn team that is not the same caliber we are.

Good news is that we play #22 Ole Miss on Saturday in the PMAC, and everybody gets up for playing ranked opponents. Then we get a chance for revenge against Bama, so that should get us pumped. Then we play three teams in a row that are currently ranked: #23 Miss St, #8 Tenn (in the PMAC on a Thursday Night), and #2 Kentucky (in the PMAC on a Saturday afternoon)... so that will get our guys excited. We can win at least 2 or 3 of our next 5.

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Wait 4 years when my son gets there. All will be good. :D

3. LSUFan2000

LSUFan2000 Veteran Member

Jay you must not have watched the game then. FT shooting did not hurt at all we shot 78%. THat is very very high and a good pertage. They making some back breaking 3s and the refs is what cost this game. Lets not give up though we gotta sport them more now then ever. Geaux Tigers.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

this is clearly the worst team in the league. the auburn game at home proved it. uga is much better despite the 0fer start.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Some didn't like it when I said something like it was a write off year.
    I'm getting my news from you guys but I am uninterested in LSU basketball until next year.
    This program will be much better once Trent Johnson gets his players and recruits in here.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

poor form, sdman. you should be interested regardless.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Maybe I should rephrase what I said?
    If I wasn't interested at all I wouldn't be reading the threads.
    I will be more interested and I might also get ESPN full court again when LSU is better, hopefully by that time my funds will also be better!:):lol:

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

You better get them in shape soon. This team is going to make noise next year.

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I saw that we got a couple 4-star recruits this last class, but if they are that good... then why aren't they showing it this year? There are freshman recruits for other programs that are looking great right now, even under brand-new coaches. As for next year, we are losing the best guy on our team.

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

We already have good players and recruits here. Trent Johnson never had to "get his players and recruits" at Stanford did he? He's a great coach and can get a basketball team to do great, including the team we have now. He's been consistent at doing this until so far this year.