LSU @ Auburn game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 24, 2016.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

So you do agree with me. I said the ball wasn't snapped on time. However they never showed a replay when you could actually see the ball like someone was claiming

fanatic likes this.
  2. stevenmr2

stevenmr2 Freshman

We deserve to lose with head coach we have . I love players that give their best but play calling was bad

3. bowe

bowe Senior Member

I dont know about tv... didn't watch it but live in person he didn't snap the ball soon enough.... that's just one Tiger fans perspective though.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Man, I'm telling you I could see it. I rewind end my little PlayStation vue thing and watched it. Keep fighting it if you want.

The clock was started at the refs indication, not at the snap, because time weren't stopped during the previous play.

You're right that we get screwed at Jerdin Hare though, but it's because Leslie is our coach.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

With :01 and the clock set to start on the ref's whistle, the only hope of getting the play off would be to get everyone in position, with instructions that the center snaps the ball when he hears the whistle. That might work, but it would have to be so quick, my guess would be the refs would flag us for illegally starting the play. 10 second runoff, game over anyway. Like I said before, when the clock hit :01, the game was done.

StaceyO, HalloweenRun and GregLSU like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

Hey, maybe we won then. I'll check tomorrow.

HalloweenRun and shane0911 like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What you CAN see is the clock at 0 so it doesn't matter if you see the ref as he has obviously signaled the clock to start. What hasn't started is the play.

Game over

While it is unrealistic to hang "this" play on the head of Les, it would be difficult for any team to get a play off in under one second; it is fair to hang the loss on him for the amount of time/clock mgmt along the way. Shave just 1 second off the over 40 that were wasted and it's a different story.

Anyway, happy trails Leslie.

StaceyO and HalloweenRun like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

We'll know tomorrow if they've changed the loss to a win. But philosophically I don't disagree; as Einstein said, "It's all relative."

9. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Haha that welcome to Mississippi sign was hilarious too.

10. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I know an Ole Miss fan that was at that game. Every time I see him during football season that's all I hear about.

I thought it said 4 seconds