LSU-Auburn preview

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by EELSU1, Oct 21, 2002.

1. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

(from AU's webpage)

http://www.auburntigers.com/football/page.cfm?doc_id=2133

other tidbits about Auburn (hopefully I'm not repeating what others have written; if so, apologies):

- DeMarco McNeil is the only healthy AU DL, and he played a great game vs. Florida.

- Damon Duval has lost his kicking job, and will only punt vs. LSU.

- AU's AD and coach are very upset the game was moved to 1130a.

- Tuberville hasn't decided who will start at QB for AU, even though Cobb played poorly, and Campbell very well, vs. Florida. Last year, AU didn't decide on their QB for the LSU game until late in the week as well.

- Tuberville feels the AU game was their best 3 quarters effort-wise (2nd, 3rd, and 4th) of the year, and their players were very vocal in the locker room after the game, expressing confidence they can use the Florida loss as a stepping stone for LSU this week.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

At halftime there needs to be a no holds barred match between The Tiger Band and Duval. That would more entertaining than any halftime show.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

They're benching Duval?

I guess he'll never recover from the incident with our tuba player! I thought he was a Groza candidate. Was the last second block his fault or the line's last week?

4. chuck

chuck Founding Member

From what I heard . .

the kick was a low knuckler that may have missed anyway . . see more about Duval on the post on the board.

5. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

In my opinion, I think Coach Tubby is the worst coach in the SEC, and that LSU should win the game strictly cause we got better coaching than they do, also I believe we have more quality SEC Players than Auburn Also...All Coach Tubby cares about is running Fake field goals in the 4th quarter against for all intents and purposes a hapless Mississippi St. team that isn't going anywhere this year, and running up the score, and my opinion the best coach Auburn had was Terry Bowden....I think LSU should win the game the score should be around 31-17

6. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

TUBBY CAUSES MORE BS FOR HIMSELF

All Tubby needs to do to take some of the pressure off of himself is to use Campbell and Cobb like LSU used David Woodly and Steve Ensminger just rotate them in and out when he needs to. Woodly was the option guy and Ensminger was the passer. Why he thinks he as to be so Hard headed is hard to understand. Auburn and the SEC will be better off without this guy. He needs to go to ConfUSA he would fit great over there.

Tubby has a nack for making a bad situation worse and his situation at Auburn is getting bad and the situation at Auburn does not need to be this bad. Auburn has talent all they need is a coach not a bone head that likes to cause problems and that is all Tubby has done every where he has gone.

I HATE AUBURN BUT I HATE TUBBY EVEN MORE

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I totally disagree. He took Pat Dyes players and went 11-0, and got worse an worse after that. He brought absolutely NO talent to Auburn. He was horrible in his last years. I think Pat Dye was the best coach in recent memory. I think Auburns best coach ever was probably John Heisman, but he was only there for like two years.

8. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

If we play the way we have played the last three weeks Auburn will get blown out. I say 38-7