LSU/ Auburn Thoughts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Feb 26, 2005.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

The Tigers seem to run into trouble when they face "long" teams. This was a good tune up for them. They played a team that is a good perimeter shooting team. The Tigers have been very poor guarding the perimeter. Now they need to come out and get one at ole miss to continue to add to the road wins. Then, on Saturday, there needs to be a packed house so those guys can be sent off in style. With the way they've played the last 2 weeks or so, they deserve a packed house. It's hard to believe were talkin about an SEC west Title for this team. I'm happy for these guys. They may be able to pull a 4 or 5 seed in the tourney with a very strong showing in the SEC tourney. If they some how win it, I dont see why they dont get a 4 or 5 . The tourney loves hot teams. If they win they'd be on a 9 or 10 game streak going into the tourney. That would be amazing. One important factor for this team is that they seem to trust each other. They are comfortble playing the game with eachother. They are getting the good mins from the bench and getting strong play from the big guys. It's been fun to watch.

2. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

LSU had a bad first half. Auburn was double and triple teaming Bass and Davis. No one else wanted to score. Brady showed how great he is at coaching by putting the Neltnor in after half. Neltnor came in a calmed down all the big guys and brought back the flow and unity to the Tigers. Mitchell shoots to much 5 for 14 is bad. Davis 7 for 7 was great. LSU played a great second half. Lsu should get 3 awards this year; SEC coach, NCAA fresh and SEC player of the year in Bass.

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

It would be nice if LSU would get those awards. I'd say the Tigers get two of those. Baby will get SEC freshmen of the year but i'm not sure about national. Bass should get SEC player of the year. Brady has a shot at COY in SEC. If he wins these next two and finishes with the west, I dont see how he's not.

4. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

You got that stright :thumb:

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

check this out http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=bilas_jay&id=2000077

that espn idiot bilas doesnt mention brady as coy. but does mention: smith, gottfried, donovan, and odom. smith, fine. but gottfried and donovan. UF has walsh, lee and roberson--great experienced sec players. Bama has shelton, davis and winston--great experienced sec players. our experienced players are whip, hud and mitch---not great sec players.

i think tubby should get it.

6. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

That really is a joke man. How is Brady not getting any pub?

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Mitchell's 5-14 was fine. When a guy averages right at a point a shot w/o foul shots included he is doing just fine.

8. LSUfan91

LSUfan91 Freshman

Glen Davis should win Freshamn of the year. Brady did a good job of resting him in the first half and Davis came back in the second half and just dominated AU. I went to the game, it was pretty good.