LSU Away Game Trips

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerPrideLSU, Apr 9, 2004.

1. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

I am really pumped about probably being able to go to some away games this year. You know how in the newspaper when they put an advertisement about how you get a hotel, dinner at a restaurant, game ticket, and all that for away games. Do you have to be 18 years old to be able to go? I will be 17 in June and I was just curious if you have to have someone over 18 or anything like that. It would probably be just me or me and a friend of mine going.

2. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

I would think that they would require you to be at least 18 (maybe 21) if they're selling hotel rooms. Some places (beach towns mostly) require that you be 25 to rent a room.

3. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

Let's see... (reaching far back into the cobwebbed crevices of my memory).. I recall getting a hotel room when I was under 18 and the deal was that so long as an 18-year-old holder of a major credit card was willing to guarantee the charges, they didn't care. So if such adult (mom & dad hopefully?) would be willing to reserve the room under their card, you should be fine, just pay cash when you check out.

4. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I'm planning on going to the auburn game. could you le me know where's the best place to stay and where the hot spots to go out are.
    P.s. remember that I'm a Tiger fan (the good tigers, not the auburn ones :)

5. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

Just find the nearest cow pasture.

6. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Doesn't sound like much fun to me!

7. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Yea I mean it really isnt worth the trip, we live in cow pastures, and we never leave them. I spent years just wandering around in the same one. ;) Riiiight.

Seriously, if you are looking for a hotel Id suggest you go on and look into getting one soon. They fill up really quickly on game weekends. And as far as finding something to do, it depends on what you are in to. Contrary to opinions around here, theres really a lot to do, and plenty of different options. :)

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Morgan, they got a Motel 6 in the area???????? :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

9. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

leave morgan alone.....she is one of the best, smartest AU posters here. (not sure that is saying much.....just kidding! :grin: ) anyways, find a group of people going in a RV and hook up with them. if AU is like florida, you will be lucky to get a hotel an hour away from the cow fields...sucks if you parttake in tailgating because you have to have a DD.........

10. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Try to get a room at the AU Hotel & Conference Center. It's across the street from campus (easy walk to tailgating and stadium) as well as close to most of the bars (hope you have a fake ID :wink: ). If you can't book at the Conference Center, then your best chances are the Comfort Inn and Best Western on S. College St. (still close to town, but not walking distance).

Like Morgan said, you'll have to give us some idea of what you like to do so that we can offer suggestions. I'm a typical heathen and I like to hit the bars after a game, but I know that might not suit everyone.