LSU/Bama thoughts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Feb 22, 2005.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

First off, what a game. You can't get any better than that. It was literally made for TV. You got to love it. That was def a very exciting game to watch. You have to love the way these guys are playing right now. It doesnt get any better than that. They played with heart and passion. The same way they have played over this crucial SEC stretch. John Brady coached another good ball game. But, I have to say that this belongs to the players. I always say that Tack Minor is the love him hate him guy. But recently I've loved this guy more and more. He seems to be settling down and is really showing why he was rated so high. The Tigers were balanced in scoring and had 2 double doubles which is awesome. They overcame a somewhat below average night from Brand Bass. Also, Hudson didn't hit anything. It seemed as if he shot very little too. But he was in foul trouble. You can't say much else about Glen Davis.

I for one questioned Brady's call to bring in Ross Neltner. Like many others I was saying "what the hell are you doing John?" I guess all of us who said that were wrong. The atomosphere in the PMAC was good. It wasnt exactly rocking, but in the defense of the fans, after that early 18-5 run, there wasnt much offense to get noisy about. I still felt there should have been more than only 9800 or whatever it was. Those who were there made it fun though. Those guys def fed off of the crowd. I for one didn't like to see those people leaving from about 5 mins on down. A game like that you just can't leave early. But, I also understand that people want to get home b/c they have work or school and thats fine. But, if you've stayed there that long, you might as well ride it out. Brady was very cordial to the student section. He acknowleged them on the way out which was great.

This team again proved that at this point in the season they have earned all they got. They are one of those little team that could type teams. They are fun to watch. You folks will have one more opp to see them in the PMAC on the 5th. I'm sure if they win the next two as they should, we could very well see 12,000-13,000. If not that would be ashame. The key factor tonite was 3 pointers. The guard play was outstanding. Dmitch and Tack shot well. Free throws were not nearly as solid as they have been, but the 3 point shots made up for a lot of that. All things considered it was phenomenal. See you guys tom.

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

There were def some people leaving the ball game. I agree that sometimes I say things without thinking them through all the way, but there were def some people who were leaving early. I never said it was a huge amount who were leaving early, but there were people who left. The majority stayed. The VAST majority stayed. But I did see people who left. Some at the Timeout with just under 5 mins then some with about 2 mins.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

was hoping i could read one post of yours without you bashing the fans. grow up.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

He always chimes in with sneaks his negative comments about fans in after every game, even makes his own thread to do it. He thinks he is clever by loading the post with veiled compliments of the team.

5. LSUGradin99

What a disgraceful post.

6. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Give me a break. I'm not knocking the fans. You guys have this thought in your head that I'm always out to get the fans. I'm just stating that SOME people left early. It happens everywhere. Jeez. I'm saying this as someone who likes to stay at a ballgame until the end. You guys take things so personal. I'm very complimentary towards LSU basketball and the fans who go to it. I also think that maybe the crowds should be bigger at times and I voice my displeasure with that. But, I'm not ripping you guys or throwing jabs at anyone. Thats sad that you guys take that like that. I was just stating my opinion on this team and the atmosphere. I can't win with you guys.

7. LSUGradin99

Perhaps it is because.....

You ARE always out to get the fans. On your radio show, now on this forum.

I imagine amongst your friends you are no different. Your motives are quite clear everywhere I have either heard or read your comments concernign LSU basketball and its fans.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

get over yourself.

9. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Are you and your boy Blake Andrews live at the Golden Corral or the truck stop tomorrow?

Can't wait............

10. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

You must not listen b/c I'm very complimentary towards the LSU basketball program. I'm a strong advocate for it. I support John Brady and the mens team. The only time I "knock" the basketball fans is when I say that there could be more people in there at times then there are. You guys just have a hatred for me and thats fine. I knocked NO ONE in my thread starter for this. NO ONE. I said that some of the people left early. Then if you noticed I said that I understand if people leave early b/c they have school in the morning or work or whatever. I'm just the kind of person who likes to stay the whole game. It's the way I am. You guys just want so bad to hate me. You take everything I say personal. Even when it's not waranted. There is no need to insult me for my post. I did not insult any of you guys. You guys only see what you want to see.