LSU/Bama thoughts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Feb 22, 2005.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

BINGO!!!!!!! You win the walking cane!!!!

"I know that in the past I pissed people off by bashing LSU fans all the time. In recent times though, I have decreased the amount of bashing that I do. I am clever enough (at least I think I am) to say lots of good stuff about the LSU program (still not much about LSU fans though) so that I can cleverly (so I think) sneak in my fan bashing amongst my comments. After all, I am a radio show co-host (at least I try to be) and I can't piss everyone all the time. Our sponsors need for us to have listeners. Without those listeners, show goes belly up!"

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

You have to understand that I wasnt doing this on purpose. It was just the way it came out. I didnt think it came out that way. But, I listened to the tapes and I heard that. In regards to me looking for a neg about the game, comon man. I am one of the biggest supporters of the basketball team on the radio. I'm pretty much always looking for the positve from this team. I understand you don't listen so you dont hear that. If there is anyone who does listen on a regular basis, they know that I am very very supportive of the team. I sit with the fans. I support these guys b/c for a long time when they were struggling it seemed as if no one wanted to. They had left them for dead. I'm a big John Brady supporter. So to say im looking for a negative in a great game is off topic. Did you read the rest of the post. It was nothing but compliments.

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

LSUgrad you are so far off line that it's funny man. I call it like I see it. You obviously have a problem with me. In the post i said that the fans who were there were great and the atmosphere was great. You only hear what you want to hear.

4. LSUGradin99

..... and BY FAR the biggest and most well-known LSU fan basher on the air in BR radio!

Notice how this guy always says he supports "the program" or "the team". He is trying to justify his crude comments towards fans by saying "Hey, I support the team." In the meantime, he is ALWAYS finding something he perceives to be negative about LSU fans so that he can resume his fan bashing.

5. LSUGradin99

You think that a "nice" comment here and there makes up for constant bashing?

Get over yourself.

6. LSUGradin99

I'll let other people speak now. Maybe they think you are the best thing since sliced bread. You can have the last word.

7. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I never heard your stupid show or ever read any of your post b/4 but it sounds like you are trying to be a nice guy b/c you hope to start some kind of buzz about your self around here. May be more people would listen to your show if you weren't such a pu$$y. What do you think scrap? :rofl:

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Well I believe as someone who "supports" the basketball team and someone who goes to every home game I think I can say when I think there should be more people at a game. I have watched the basketball team develop over the year. This is an opinion that more people should go to the basketball games. This is not an insult. It's just me saying what I think. Do you ever think that sometimes maybe sometimes its not that easy to be nice to the fans? You ever think that LSU fans are arrogant a lot? You ever notice that people call in radio shows to bash other teams fans when they should look in the mirror and soul search? What I say on the radio is not meant as a personal attack on you guys. You just take it that way b/c your obviously very touchy on the subject. But, my stance is that I'm not an LSU fan. By fan I mean someone who lives and breathes it and cant sleep if the Tigers lose. Thats what being A fan is about though. I was that way for Mizzou and for the Cardinals and all that at one point. But, that's also not the point I'm trying to make. By me saying I'm not an LSU fan, I'm looking at the fandom from an outsiders point of few. I always hear LSU fans insulting other peoples fans so I look for a negative in the LSU fans to counterpoint that. When LSU gets beaten like they did against AU this year, the fans complained about the officiating. Thats quite understandable. It was a bad call. But, the fans will never admit that they were "whining" over it. But, if that call goes for LSU, they bash the other school for "whining". This is not everyone. I know many people who always give credit to the other team, they don't whine over calls or bash other teams fans for whining. I'm not saying that that makes them better than someone who does. But, my stance is always to look at possibly what other teams fans are thinkin and not just that of the LSU fan.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you are one who will never get it. Most all LSU fans I am close to or related to can separate their loyalty to LSU from the game/team itself when its over. The same way we got over the Cap-1 Bowl knowing that there were obvious infractions on the last play of the game. However, we also realized we should have not put ourselves in that position in the first place so it balances out. But I guess its wrong to discuss it or even bitch about it thinking "what might have been".

The fact of the matter is you are unable to distinguish between the LSU fans who know the difference. Or better yet, you feel its your duty to point them out. You host a stupid radio show in Baton Rouge, genius. You're gonna get blind loyal LSU fans. what did you think? you think every caller is going to be completely rational about their team? FAN=Fanatic. hence the word.

If you get offended or irked by those who are this way, then you are in the wrong business. This isn't a national show. People call your show to vent about bad calls. Its a sports show so I think people will call and discuss their team's games, bad calls, great plays, etc.

Would you prefer they called and bitched about jeffery maier stealing a ball from the orioles in the '96 ALCS? That way maybe you wont think of them as homers or feel the need to denigrate them in a way for being emotionally blind to the local team.

Im not that way but its what many fans do and guess what, you arent splitting the atom when you point it out.

It happens for any sport for any team in any locale but thanks to your keen eye you use it as a way to denigrate LSU fans who happen to be overly loyal to their university.

They dont need you to agree with them all the time....yet they dont need your underhanded comments either. Maybe for you personally, you'd need to truly become an LSU fan to really understand what an arrogant prick you often come across as. It took many people to point it out to you before you could even fathom there was some truth to it. Now, you decide to change your tune somewhat to survive but most I know have stopped listening long ago.

I listen very rarely, if ever, because of it. Not that I matter one way or the other but I can surely say its the only local or national show during my lifetime I had to actually make a point to avoid. its not about not wanting to hear the truth. its about 'not' wanting to hear someone make snide comments to the callers who live and die for LSU and are listening to your show for that sole purpose. To simply divert their miserable, damned workday with some good ole LSU talk amongst its fans for an hour or two.

Most local shows here suck but guess what...they are successful. Not because they kiss LSU's ass. Its because most people in this market realize that people in baton rouge support LSU (go figure) and they understand the uniqueness its fanbase offers. They understand 99% of the people listening to your show, who indirectly pay your bills, deserve their proper respect for that reason alone. Something you most always fail to do. Kissing someone's ass is one thing; showing them respect as a person is another.

You go to the basketball games with a free ticket so now that makes you an LSU fan? Next time, I'd simply prefer you wiped your ass with it or better yet just give it to a true LSU fan. You know, one of those dumbass, idiotic homers who "whine" about bad calls all the time, leave games early, follow the university blindly or simply call your show to talk about it.

You know the ones..those same ones who truly love LSU and pay the bills... yours.

congrats on making me spend 30 minutes on a reply while creating my longest post ever in the process.

A#$&()&$*#! Last edited by tirk : Today at 03:08 AM.

10. BamaHeelBengal

BamaHeelBengal Founding Member

.....back to the game...............it was a great one. You guys are on fire. Brady has done well this month and if things continue LSU could do some damage in the tournament, the NCAA tournament that is. Bama is still playing well winning 10 of the last 12 but on the road at a team who is playing really well it's hard to get a win. Congrats.