LSU/Bama thoughts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Feb 22, 2005.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

You guys are so off base on all of your knocks on me. First of all, I pay to get into the LSU basketball game. I have no media pass or anything for that. I always have to find my own way in. It is a choice I make to go to the LSU game. I'm not saying I want you bow down to me for that, but I go b/c I enjoy the games and choose to go. I started this thread to just talk about the basketball game. You guys take everything I say as a knock on you and I'm sorry. This was a thread on "thoughts from the game" . You guys turned it into a personal attack. You can think I'm an arrogant prick all you want. That is your opinion. But, sitting there pretending that you know everything that makes radio work and what all the people want to hear makes you sound pretty arrogant too. It all depends on how you take this I say. This is a case and point with this thread. It was simply a game thread talkin about the game. I did mention the crowd b/c that is always a factor. I say that a few people left, which was a fact, and you guys jump me for it.

2. colonelreb

colonelreb Freshman

hi folks
    im a br native but have a liken for ole miss football over lsu football .... but i like to watch the mens lsu team play .ive been goin to the bball games for years.i think that scrappy means well jus his words dont come out the way lsu die hards want them too. his show is pretty goood. you dont have to like him but u gotta like the show cuz he brings controversy to the table . he is good at his job just not in love with all of lsu's ways. also i did see him at the game with his free shirt(bum). He was nice to me when I noticed that It was him. I happened to see him actually cheering for the Tigers. He had the a purple shirt and was waving it around during the game. He seemed to be having a ball. I think his comments about bball are sincere. He was even with the biggest LSU fan, Carl the Cat. You guys may not like my opinions b/c I'm a reb fan, but I like his program. Less we forget he's just a kid. thanks.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Welcome to the forum colonelreb!

4. purplejoe

purplejoe Founding Member

I havent posted about this topic in a while. As we all know I was notorious for it a few months ago. In listening to the program I dont think it is that bad. It's not great by any means, but the kid certainly has potential. Do you guys think that maybe he's puttin on an act maybe to rile people up? If that is the case then he is doing a pretty good job of it. lol. I've just figured that he goes that route so the show isnt just two LSU homers. To me, Andrews is a homer. Also, he disagree's with scrappy just for the sake of disagreeing. It's obvious his knowlege of sports isnt that great. But they are a funny pair at times. They are two totally different types and thats what I like. They are sorta like Felix and Oscar. I'm a die hard Tiger fan and I bleed it day in and dayout. I dont take offense to what He says. I dont want to pass any judgement until i meet him in person and see how he really is. Other than that I think he's doing a fine job. Not perfect, but who on the radio here is. :geauxtige

5. kjntiger

kjntiger Founding Member

HOLY $HIT!!!!
    I have never read a more PMS thread in all my life. Of course I haven't heard his show but, $hit his post sure didn't sound bad. I can't really take up for him because I don't know him but, I have a friend that is probably the biggest USuCk fan and he has a show where he has to be the "bad" guy. He said it was better to get on the fans because the get their draws-all-in-a-bunch and the ratings are better.

6. kjntiger

kjntiger Founding Member

Oh and by the way, that was probably the best damn game I have ever witnessed our boys play. They are going into the touney like a freight train.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Don't we already have a Colonel Reb here? Anyway, you sound like a nice guy, so welcome. You also sound like an older guy*. Am I right?

*Not that there's anything wrong with that. :yelwink2:

8. colonelreb

colonelreb Freshman

Yes I am an older guy. I was born in BR but moved to Oxford when I was younger. I moved back here for work and family. I developed a liking for the Rebs from childhood. I have nothing against Tiger football but I have nothing for them either. I have enjoyed watching Tiger Basketball through the years though. It's great to be part of this board. Thanks for the welcome. Anyway, I've listenend to that radio show and it has become good. I guess my feeling for it differs b/c I am an ousider and not a Tiger football fan. I believe that scrappy is very generous when talkin about the Tigers in basketball. That is what this thread is about. It sort of spiraled into this insulting of this kid who was just saying some kind things. Granted, he has said some things in the past though that some of found offensive. But, I dont see this as one of them. He's a kid. He will make mistakes. But, in a town like this, a few mistakes are costly. If you dont do the right thing in regards to the Tigers, your in trouble. From what I hear though, they seem to have a lot of people who enjoy the show. I may be saying this b/c they do talk about things other than LSU. The talk they had on Friday about NASCAR was classic. Anyway, thanks again for the welcome and give the kid a break. Go REBS and Tack is my savior.