LSU - BAMA...Will Bama crush LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by glenlivet12, Nov 12, 2002.

1. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

I have heard talk of my fellow Bama fans being cocky and overconfident. The fans I know are not either. We are concerned about playing a tough team that has had some strange games this year. We are concerned about a team with a defense as good if not better than our own. We are concerned about a team with an excellent coach and a lot of talent. We are concerned about playing a team that is moving in the right direction. We are concerned that we don't know which teams will show up for the game. We are concerned that until the clock expires there is no way to predict how any SEC game will actually go. Our team has shown a lot of heart this year and the fans think they deserve a lot of credit and a ton of success. They are great kids who have played with spirit, emotion and class, and we support them fully.

So, what are motivators for Bama for this game? First of all, every game this year is the only game this year for us. With no postseason, each week is self-contained. Second, we want to win (unofficially) the WEST. Third, we want to be a spoiler as much as possible. Fourth, last year's thumping of us by you guys creates a little bit of a revenge factor - you embarassed us, and the players have not forgotten how bad it felt.

Do I think we will crush or pound you guys? NO. But I do think if we play well we CAN win against you. I expect a hard fought game with big hits and a lot of tough play. I hope we come out with the win, and expect my team to play its best and never give up. I doubt either team will crush or get crushed this weekend.

2. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Glen, see my post about numbers. I agree, this one will be tight and can go either way.

3. glenlivet12

I'd already looked at very similar numbers and concluded that this would probably be a brutal dog fight, war in the trenches, battle between equals kind of game. That means I hope that if it comes down to the last few seconds, our secondary plays better position and knock-down than UK did!

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I just hope nobody gets hurt.

We've had enough injuries.

I want to be Bama, but let's remember that the games against Ole Miss and Arkansas are more important. Both Ole Miss and Ark are UNRANKED and LSU can't affort to get beat by another unranked team.

LSU need only beat EITHER Bama or Ole Miss. HOWEVER, we must beat Arky. MUST BEAT ARKY!

Of course, don't tell the players that, because we don't want them looking ahead of this game.

5. jsgeauxtigs

jsgeauxtigs Freshman

I agree....I think we may take a few steps back in time as far as the "Old SEC" is concerned. Who knows, this could possibly end up 7-6...I doubt it, but it wouldn't surprise me. Good Luck to both teams.
    I still HATE Auburn!!!!!

6. JTV

JTV Founding Member

This has all the makings of a low scoring game, and for that reason I believe it will NOT be. Nothing seems to go as expected with LSU this season. The thing that concerns me the most is not our QB, but the play of our defense. This unit seems to have peaked early in the season, with the Damian James situation being the main culprit. Our secondary play against UK was piss poor. I know coach Saban is doing all he can to fix this, but he can't make Jack Hunt bigger or faster. I don't mean to place all the blame on Jack, because Gay, Webster, and Hookfin all had sub-par games the past two weeks. Another concern is the play of our back-up defensive ends. There is a big talent drop-off from Spears and Hill to Oliver and Wyatt. We need to keep the first two guys on the field as much as possible, and a lot of that will depend on the status of Spears' injury. I would also like to see Cameron Vaughn on the field at LB more. He has great speed, and we'll need that in pursuit...

7. jsgeauxtigs

jsgeauxtigs Freshman

JTV....Good points, all. I also think the secondary, albeit once strong, has tapered since the Florida game. Jack did a "decent" job...What's the alternative? Adrian Mayes...hmmmm. I would like to see maybe Travis Daniels move to safety and let Randall Gay go back to corner. The starting D-Line is not bad..still not putting as much pressure on the QB as we Tiger fans would like. I would bring the house on Watts every other down because I don't think Bama can beat us throwing it. Remember Doug Johnson in '97? I would love to see some of that kind of "D" and think we have better, at least as good, personel as we did then.
    Damn...I just want to win!!!!!
    Anyone hear Bill Curry last night at halftime? He was asked which game he looked forward to the remainder of the season...Saturday night baby!!! He said Tiger Stadium on Saturday night is as good as it gets...nah!!!!

8. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

I also liked his comment about the player raising his hand to remind him that the Tide doesn't lose in Baton Rouge. :D Here is what Sportsline has to say today. http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/5882926

9. glenlivet12

I am looking for a great game. I hope both teams come to play and play hard. I expect it will come down to the last few minutes of the game, but hopefully it will not come down to the last seconds like lastt week did for you guys, unless our secondary can play better position and knock-down than UK's did! :D

I think we have the two best coaches in the SEC and maybe the two best teams (I am expecting AU to whip up on UGA this weekend and join us as the best of the SEC). This should be the best game this weekend and also should become an "Instant Classic" for ESPN Classic to air in replay soon.

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Flat Bama?

When in heck will the Alabama football team play flat and fumble a few times?

Why not this Saturday?