LSU Band Mardi Gras

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Feb 24, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

I saw the Golden Band from Tigerland in the Rex Parade in New Orleans this afternoon. They looked fantastic and they represented LSU exceptionally well. To any band members who read this forum: great job, thank you - I enjoyed seeing you in the parade and you made many Tiger Fans very proud.

2. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

any band member post a video for us way out here in Az that cant make MG.

3. aztiger03

BB give us some details on what was going on today, it has been many years gone by since Mardi gras

4. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

www.nola.com is supposed to be replaying the Rex parade on their site tonight.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

The LSU Band accepted an invitation to lead the Rex Parade on Mardi Gras Day. This is a great honor for many reasons. The Band has not participated in a Mardi Gras parade since the mid 80's I believe. Also, Rex is considered to be the crowining jewel of Mardi Gras and the King and Queen of Rex are considered to be the King and Queen of Carnival. The parade is during the day and runs a very good route uptown and then onto Canal St. towards the river. Many people made the trip out to the parade route to see the band more than anything else. It was a nice experience and it certainly made me want to start tailgating for football season!

6. aztiger03

thanks for the info.. I was only a kid when I lived in NO and did not understand the importance of that parade. Congrats to the LSU band.....and the fans for supporting them

7. MiketheTiger

MiketheTiger Founding Member

Click here to check out the TigerBand marching in the Rex Parade. It's at the very beginning of this clip. You can check out the rest of the parade by going to NOLA.com.

8. trixi

trixi Founding Member

This was only the third time tiger band has EVER marched in ANY Mardi Gras parade, the first was in the early part of the century, the second in the 80s and this one. We not only marched in Rex, we led it, making us the Royal band. It was a high honor and I wouldn't haved traded marching in it for anything. However the crowds weren't quite as large as usual because of the bad weather.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Question for you Trixi. Someone on the board was asking about a way to contact someone with the band to congradulate them but he couldn't find a web page or email address. Can you give us some contact info. Plus pass on that me and my wife would love to see the Alumni band every game. When the current and former members play together it turns the volume up a notch for sure. It also has to be a HUGE honor for them to step out on that field again one more time. Congrats on the REX invite and keep playing loud and proud. See you and the rest of the band at pregame warmup on September 4th.:geaux: :lsug:

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's