LSU BASEBALL # 5

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dvm4lsu, May 3, 2004.

1. dvm4lsu

dvm4lsu Founding Member

Third place in sec west and ranked higher than any other sec team .That is respect.

2. Soap

Soap Founding Member

It's not just respect. It's the fact we have won every SEC series expect one.

3. dvm4lsu

dvm4lsu Founding Member

That and 5 national championships doesn't hurt either.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

and only one midweek game, correct?

5. Soap

Soap Founding Member

6. tirk

odd isnt it? we are 5th in both polls and feel we aren't that good. unreal expectations we have for our kids.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well now you people can see what it's like to be overrated. I mean most LSU fans would agree this team is not top 5 material at this point.

All the complaints about teams getting too much respect, now you know how it feels. It's not a bad thing, in fact LSU has definitely deserved such respect after dominating the sport for a decade (5 championships in 10 years).

8. tirk

overrated according to? You'd have to watch the others above us regularly to know for sure. Winning every series but one and losing one midweek game, knowing we havent played nowhere near our best ball lately possibly means this team is a lot better than we think. Near the very top of the SEC and winning consistently while playing inconsistently may mean great things to come. I think we assume many other teams play much better than us when in actuality our team is a lot better than we give them credit for.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah I looked at the Baseball America poll and there are not many impressive teams after the top 4.

Why the heck did Wichita St. take such a big hit for going 2-2 (from 10 to 17)?

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

You know what really bothers me about LSU being so-good over the years in baseball?

Baseball definitely isn't after ratings like the other main sports, they always show the top schools in football and basketball but only regional with baseball.

No Matter how good LSU is I may see them only once a year in baseball but on my sports package and the sunshine channel they'll sure show Florida, Florida State, Clemson and on the other channels you will always see other teams like Arizona, Arizona State, USuck and other baseball teams that haven't won in years :( :cuss: :cuss: :lsup:

If it was ratings LSU baseball would be televised how many times the last 10
    years?