LSU Baseball Coach Jody Autery (Unconfirmed Info)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsubatgirl04, Jun 10, 2005.

1. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

[​IMG]
    Is no longer with the program. He is said to have taken a position at a local financial firm.... Saxon-Bush-Davis I assume.

This is not confirmed. No Links. Just inside info. Can't name my sources either. I'd have to kill you- :yelwink2:

Bio- Jody Autery just finished his fourth season as LSU's volunteer assistant coach after working two seasons as a student assistant for the Tigers.
    Autery, 30, coaches the LSU outfielders, and he serves as the Tigers third-base coach. He also works as director of the Smoke Laval Baseball Camp.

According to lsusports.net

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Per Dandy Don (so you can take it for what it's worth):

"Spend more time with his family"??? Yeah, and read "Baseball Fundamentals: Running the Bases and Not getting thrown out at Home" or "When To Send Them & When to Hold Them: Baserunning for Dummies"

3. lsubatgirl04

In his defense he does have triplets but I do believe he "resigned" for the reasons you mentioned above.

4. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I didn't realize he was a volunteer, but regardless I thank him for his service to LSU. There were a lot of baserunning mistakes the past couple of years and I am glad Smoke had enough. I knew asst. coach heads would roll. Hopefully Wiederhold is gone soon.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Yeah heaven forbid he get his hands on another shoddy reliever and make him one of the most dominant pitchers in the SEC. (G. Smith) Or he may take another nobody and make him an SEC caliber starter. (Bumstead)

6. lsubatgirl04

I don't believe he was a voluteer in the way you are thinking. He got paid and was compensated for his work with the baseball camp.

7. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Thanks for the negative rep. For every Smith, there is a Sadler, Dardar, and Meier who has gotten worse since he has been here. Plus Weiderhold also calls the pitches in case you haven't noticed. I mean please tell me there hasn't been, let's be charitable, questionable pitching decisions made by him. Think man.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Was he the one who almost got killed by a line drive the other day, if so I wonder if that would have played a part in his decision.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Billie Sadler didn't get worse, he came in terrible. His strike out to walk percentage was better at LSU than it was in JC. Weiderhold did him such a disservice that he is now pitching in AA after only a season and half in the minors. Chase Dardar. In the 4 or so innings hes thrown since he ot to LSU I don't see how you can say he's gotten worse. Justin Meier didn't throw his stuff this year, but lets see how he does next year. As too hos pitch calling well he made some bads ones, but I think overall he is doing a good enough job.

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Not that this is of significant importance, but didn't Cresse call his own game when here? I thought he did.

It would be nice if Liuzza would develope the nec. skills to win over the coaching staff, and be allowed to call his own game. I think when you have a catcher that can do that, and is knowledgeable of the opposing batters, it really benefits your team because the catcher can tell better than almost anyone else whether or not the pitcher is in a groove, or is starting to lose velocity and tiring out.