LSU Baseball Coach Jody Autery (Unconfirmed Info)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsubatgirl04, Jun 10, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no, skip called every pitch of every inning of every game during his tenure.

2. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

First, I should of structured the sentence more clearly, but I was only talking about Meier getting worse. Sorry, but Sadler had enough talent to be a 1st rounder(I give more credit to the farm team pitching coaches than Wiederhold). Dardar was a highly regarded 17th round pitcher expected to contribute right away and he cannot even get anywhere in the rotation? Meier had one great year and has gotten worse. That's a fact.

I look at the schools all around us churning out 1st, 2nd, 3rd round pitchers and we aren't. If you can't admit that we could be doing a better job acquiring/developing pitchers, then we'll agree to disagree. But please don't blame the lack of depth on the draft.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think the lack of pitching is a big issue considering the guys we have acquired over the years. Definitely no dominant power pitchers and definitely no young ones ever step up for whatever reason. We can blame Wiederhold yet we don't know if its him or the players or both.

So im not sure anyone here is qualified to determine if someone deserves to lose their job over it. matter of fact Im positive no one here knows enough about it but its fun to pretend.

4. TomE

TomE Founding Member

No Cresse didnt call his own games remember when Cresse was here in the College world series they kept showing him recieving the crazy sings from our pitching coach.

More so than calling pitches a catcher makes a pitcher good, as far as framing pitches, lining up in the correct spot, and not moving his mitt after her catches the ball. This can turn balls into strikes. I think that alot of our pitchers strugles this year came from inconsistant play at catcher.

5. TomE

TomE Founding Member

I dont agree with what your saying at all. First off Meier had an injury that set him back Wiederhold had no control over that.

Secondly Sadler got much better as his season went on. Maybe you dont remember but In the Sunday game of the Alabama season he came in, in the ninth to close the game and we were up by 5 or 6 and he gave up some runs and walked the bases loade and the go ahead run was at the plate before he got out of the inning and game (dont remember how he got the out). But he nearly gave up the game and by the end of his season he was a pretty reliable closer. Im sure his farm pitcher did alot with him but he did drastically improve in his short stay at LSU.

6. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Ummmm Meier's injury was a long time ago man.

So your using one game to prop up your argument? What about the '03 CWS elimination game against South Carolina? Yeah, he really mowed them down.

Again, if you think Wiederhold is great and is doing a bang up job then fine. We'll agree to disagree.

7. TomE

TomE Founding Member

I dont think that Wiederhold is doing that bad a of job with the exception of Lane our starting pitching was pretty good but not great, and we did not have very many dominatating performances this year, (aside form Smith's run at about mid season). Aside from Determan this year we didnt have a dominate bullpin. I dont think that this years pitching staff was up to par, i was just dont agree with the two examples you gave. The balks up untill the later part of the season were directly his fault.

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I don't think Weiderhold is doing a BAD job, but he could definately be doing much better with the talent we have--and that goes for ALL of our coaches. It's hard to make a kid better if that kid isn't willing to put in the effort. It can go both ways. I still think it'd be nice to have a Rice-type corps of pitchers. Speaking of Rice, they have as many capable SPs as anyone in the country, I think they should have pulled Greer last inning (against Tulane right now.) Game was 9-1 and now the Weenies finally figure him out... Damn Tulane is overrated, and Rice is underated... they should NOT have been a second seed in our regional, but should have hosted... these guys can flat-out play ball!