LSU baseball Congrats!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by thinkforyoutype, Mar 21, 2004.

1. thinkforyoutype

thinkforyoutype Freshman

You have a very good team this year.It was a great series,your guys play a mean game of baseball.Congrats on the wins,we will see you again and maybe turn the table.Have a great season.:)

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It was a great series between two very good teams that could go far this year. It is early in the season and both teams showed they have areas that need improvement. It's a long season and you never know what will happen but we may very well meet again in post season if not in Omaha lets hope it is at the box. :geaux: :lsug: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas:

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Great series, great time. You guys have some hitters too, a heck of a lot of hits during this series for both teams. Your pitchers are probably wndering what happened to themafter they came in with ERA's under 2 but at least they know they've faced the best and things should get much better. Our entire lineup was stroking the ball. I'm sure we will have a good opportunity to face the Cocks either in the SEC or the NCAA's.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

That was a scary series. USC is a tough team and we pulled one out Sunday. After Saturday I thought was over.

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I think Clay Dirks needs to be our Saturday starter now, in place of Lane. Lane just doesn't have it right now. Let Lane get some pitches in against some midweek competition and try to get back to form. Let's go 4-0 this week. Moo State isn't looking all that great this year and tomorrow's game against Centenary should be batting practice.

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

DD, I'm with you...and I think that Lane's enough of a veteran leader for this team that he will probably-if Smoke doesn't make the move-ask to make the move himself.

Mestepey wants to win more than anyone on that team. He has a SERIOUS "gamer" attitude. He just needs to round back into form. 20 months off is a long time, and he's not going to lose "it" overnight, but 20 months can see one losing it. I mean, if Rick Ankiel can flameout, who can't? But, Lane will be back. He's just got to get some non-critical innings from a team standpoint where he can really go out and just work hard and get into the flow of pitching and battling and working the zone and pumping the zone, etc...

He just needs a few more chances, and he's gonna be nails. In the meantime, though, unfortunately, the rest of the staff may solidify itself. Nate's going to keep coming on as he increasingly relies on his arm more and more. Once he realizes he's not going to reinjure himself, he'll truly bear down and concentrate more on pitching and less on whether or not his arm is going to flareup 2 days later.

Meier's been the Meal Ticket, though...Like the forgotten man, almost. Dirks is the talk of the town, but can you imagine how Dirks would deal with the pressure of having to come in and be "the man"? I think the results might be different if not for Meier, who is steady as a rock. That's saying something for a sophomore, too. Reminds you of Mestepey, honestly...

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Good point TE, Justin just seems to go about his business quietly. He doesn't get to rattled either, even when he makes a couple of mistakes, he always seems to be able to fight his way out of the inning. Justin is a gamer too! We've got a whole team full of gamers! Our relievers have been doing pretty good too. I've been impressed with Greg Smith who has really come along way since last year when he seemed to struggle at times. I watched him his junior and senior years in high school and knew the kid had it...ofcourse the whole state knew the kid had it so thats not saying much.