LSU Baseball moves up in RPI and Polls

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerWins, May 16, 2005.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

They moved the 2001 SR to Zephyr, so I guess money talks. 5000 at Turchin versus over 11000 at Zephyr.

But it's a moot point this year...

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Talking about hosting a regional, does this rule prevent SC and Ole Miss from hosting now?

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Both Ole Miss and USC hosted last year. Unless this is a new rule since then, I doubt it'll have an impact.

The Advocate has a good article this morning discussing the postseason possibilities. As many as 10 SEC teams could be in the regional ... amazing! And I would love to see USL at The Box for the regionals ... that'll create a little more atmosphere.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I think Tulane is submitting SR bids for both Turchin and Zephyr. No doubt they would like to have it at Turchin, but I guess covering your arse with two bids is the smart thing to do.

I would like to see Louisiana have two Super's (if applicable). That would be good for baseball in all of Louisiana.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

You are correct, sir. I have a Zephyrs schedule taped above my desk, and a quick glance does indeed confirm this.

6. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

No, prevents them from hosting 'championships' only.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes but the baseball america dude seems to think this is negotiable.

all i know is auburn is out for the second straight year. we have no hope of them winning a game this weekend against alabama. Alabama has not been out of first place in the west all year (til now of course).

Fate for the tigers (and the fake ones)? I surely hope so.

Actually if Aubarners sweep and a few others things happen the tide can actually be left out of the SEC tournament. i could go for that as well.

the tide and chickens were both left out of the tourney last year left at home to play amongst themselves where they belong.

Aubarner coach what's his name no one knows thinks 11 teams will make the postseason.

dream on.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

LSU moved up from #11 to #9 in the ESPN coaches poll.