LSU baseball season preview

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Jan 19, 2011.

1. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

2. MOE1967

MOE1967 Founding Member

Blessing in disguise.

No Pressure

3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: They'll move up quickly. Sure hated to hear a brand new member of the team, Kevin Koziel (sp) got kicked off the team already due to a DWI arrest. :rolleye33: His career was over before it started. That's sad. :LSU231:

4. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

It's Rivals so Alabama will probably be selected at #1. :hihi:

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Pitching is mostly unproven due to so many guys out with surgery. I think we will continue to grow and move up the rankings. Changes in bats will result in fewer HRs again, and more small ball. Infield D will be critical.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I am anxious to see how this will affect hitting. Personally I think the rule sucks (only because my kid isn't a pitcher) He has a composite bat that I bought for him last year and it is just now hitting the part of its life where the balls really jump off of it. I don't even think he will be able to use it in HS ball this year. I know the rule says '12 but I think they have gone BBCORE here already.

1 person likes this.
  7. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

Absolutely...I agree 100%! :geauxtige

8. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

To think what Ranaudo could have done pitching against these bats........... However, I'm not a baseball purist by a long shot. I'm not looking forward to it.

9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

So what's up with LSU being ranked so low? From what I've heard, it's the pitching that's a big concern. Like last year. Assuming the rankings are correct, why are we so weak in pitching? Is it lack of talent or what? I know we recruit well. At least according to rankings we do. Take football as an example b/c it is what I know the best. I realize NO team can be a national title contender EVERY year. Probably no team can even be top 10 every year. So, what is the deal with LSU baseball? Are we in a process of reloading? Did something cause us to backtrack or get behind? Was it losing recruits to the big leagues? Injuries? A bad recruit or two? Or three? Did coaches leave or something? Don't get me wrong, I'M NOT COMPLAINING. The baseball program had taken a step back under Smoke, which is understandable following a legend like Skip. CPM took a few year to get the program back to an elite level and won the championship in 2009. So, are ya'll confident that he'll keep it that way? Are last year's results desturbing in any way? Someone in the know give me an update of the state of LSU baseball today and what we're headed for, please. I'd love to hear some insight.

10. PSU2LSU

PSU2LSU Veteran Member

I can't wait to take in a LSU baseball game. I've heard so many good things about baseball at LSU, and am a big baseball fan.

I am glad that the league is banning composite bats.. I've seen an injury to a pitcher first hand due to another team using a banned composite bat.