LSU Baseball Seeding

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SonnyLoco, May 15, 2008.

1. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

The "experts" are saying that we will be a 2 seed at the highest, but I have heard otherwise. Any RELIABLE info, or grade A scenarios???? Maybe grade B+:)

And who's goin to the regional...I need to meet some of you crazy skanks.

2. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

I don't know what they take into consideration when seeding teams, but if we continue to play at this high of a level and perhaps win the SEC's, there is no way we are not a number 1 seed.

Edit: I assume you mean a #2 seed in any sub-regional.

3. TammanyTiger50

TammanyTiger50 Founding Member

You may be confusing the SEC Tourney and the Regional. If we win the West, we'll be 2nd seed in the SEC Tourney - and can't be any higher because we can't catch Georgia who'll be the 1st seed. I've heard many "experts" (of which, I'm definitely not one) say as long as we win 2 of 3 this weekend and have a "decent" showing in the SEC Tourney (whatever that means), we could easily be a 1 seed in the Regional.

Doesn't really matter to me right now. I'm just thrilled to be having these discussions again!!

:milesmic::geaux:

1 person likes this.
  4. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

Yeah. I think the cat that told me that we could be no higher than a number 2 was confusing the SEC tourney with the post season seeding. Thanks guys.

5. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

1 person likes this.
  6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

7. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

So it appears we just have to get by Tulane and then either FSU or South Carolina to make it to the World Series.

Bring it on.

9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Nine teams from the SEC sounds about right but this year's depth may cost the conference a chance at hosting more regionals.

I agree with them that Georgia and LSU will host and hopefully 1-2 other SEC teams will host as well.

The "projected" Hattiesburg regional would be a good one with USM, Ole Miss, and UNO.

The "projected" Baton Rouge regional with Tulane and two-time defending champion Oregon State wouldn't be a cakewalk either.

I just hope the regionals are balanced this year. Since the expansion to 64 teams and the crying of the cold weather teams, it seems like the NCAA wants more teams from the north. Some of the past "north" regionals seem to be a little on the "light" side.

I just hope they're all balanced this year.