LSU Baseball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by leroy7500, Feb 13, 2015.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yep tough start. if that ball goes out in rf for 3 free runs for us that woulda been interesting.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Both teams hit a lot of hard shots last night but not many of ours found the creases. But Poche got lit up as he couldn't command the strike zone and had to aim down the middle of the plate. Hopefully he doesn't have any more games where he cannot pitch to his spots because he is very hit-able when he is behind in the count.

And thank goodness for Bregman, he was incredible in the field.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I watched last night and outside of Poche getting rocked, LSU is a solid club.

I think some people would pin that on CPM for leaving him in, but you have to get at least 6 innings our of your #1 pitcher. I think Poche lost that job after last night.

I think Lange will prove to be our steady "Nola like" ace. He is that good.

Breg's is an absolute animal at the plate right now. His eye is very good. Only 2 strikeouts on the season. 4 homers in the last 6 games.

On a good note, Bain came in and didn't allow a run from an Ark team that crushed Poche.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I liked the Job Bain did. I wonder if Lange goes out and pitches another spectacular game if he gets the Friday slot and Bain/Poche take over Saturdays.

We do have a deep bullpen.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I think we have trouble getting on a teams ace. Could be small ball is the better option when facing a strong guy on the bump. We got the sink thrown at us with low in zone pitches yesterday. We are not too bad with the off speed stuff but we are hitting heat like we haven't in years. Post Javi will not happen over night but good god, it is night and day compared to seasons past. Pigs are not very deep in the pen so the rest of the series could be a clinic. Hitting is not an issue and I don't think pitching is either. CPM leaving Poche in is still just finding out if a pitcher, a good pitcher can bail himself out. Poche has done that , but can he continue? He found out yesterday he is human. Next time around it will probably be plug and play the pen for the bail out.

Looking forward to another round of Lange. Hogs are capable of getting on him early, but this kid bounces back like someone special. Could be a good show tonight. I expect to take this series, so fuckem.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont see this game listed on the ESPN3 website. Anyone know where it is at?

7. CajunlostinCali

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Bats are alive tonight!!

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Man Lange just showed some nutts.

Bases loaded, NO OUTS, and only gave up 1 run.

Stone cold.

10. CajunlostinCali

SOWEEEEEEEE Pig!!!
    Nasty ass hawgs. It was good to slap the taste out of em.

Tulane...
    [​IMG]

Time to make another green wave!

Our 9 hole hitter hit 2 bombs this series. The depth at the plate is almost disgusting. Lange has graduated to mr. friday night. He is the great equalizer. He is shaping out to be a Nola with an actual offense for support. This team is pretty special.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015