LSU Basketball 2021-2022

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Oct 23, 2021.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Women win again. That makes me happy.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't know, like I said, it looked like they were moving the ball and finding decent looks. Unless he can scheme for Eason to dunk it every time (which would make martin very happy) I don't know what else he could do. I am not a basketball savant so I can't tell you if their feet or wrong or if the release point is wrong or any of that technical stuff but for whatever reason the ball just doesn't want to go in. I don't think they have much else to do but just keep shooting and eventually, hopefully they will fall.

3. lsu-i-like

Maybe recruits like a wide, wide, wide ass open offense, or maybe WW can’t teach a complex offense. But he has lead an unfettered offense since he’s been here. Most teams we play look crisper on offense than we do.

Our defense compliments WW’s offensive philosophy, but the offense doesn’t seem to work great when we aren’t running and get stuck in half court. Not sure Pinson makes that much of a difference.

We’ve lost two, one without Pinson and one without Murray. But if you look at more than W/L, there are more games we could have lost with both on the floor.

Where we stand right now is awesome, but if we lose a few more games, we’ll have gone from potential 1 seed to unrated.

4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I understand LSU will simply lose some games because it's not their night, but WW has a history of doing the same thing over and over. He openly admitted that he should have called a timeout when Arkansas made their run, but he didn't and this has happened over and over. There are also long stretches of games where the players start playing street ball and jacking up shots from anywhere and teams come back, but WW doesn't recognize it. Talent will only take you so far because when you get against better competition and better coaches, you're going to lose more games than you win.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Who has the most wins in the SEC last 3 years?

**hint** its the guy you say can't coach

lsu-i-like, kcal and mctiger like this.
  6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Really? Les moved over to coach LSU basketball? ;)

Winston1 and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

yup, consistent winning.

mctiger and shane0911 like this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i think over the next 5 year or so, LSU is the team most likely to win a title. more than KY, more than duke or gonzaga or kansas.

this team now is very good. next year's team is better. they are bringing in two 5 star players.

next year:

5 star freshman PG backed up by experienced super defensive wizard gaines
    elite adam miller mr basketball state of illinois, backed up by excellent all round weapon murray
    army of talent in fudge o'neal, wilkinson etc
    5 star superman julian phillips
    developing 5 star big efton

the team with emmit williams and naz reid was good, they were also 2 incoming 5 star players. but the foundation back then was much weaker. now next year, there will be three 5 stars supported by a cast with tons of talent and experience.

also i think wade is building his team his way now, defense first. he recruited cam thomas and watford because he needed wins and credibility in the short term. now i think he picks who he wants, and he picks guy who want to play defense. watford and cam thomas are from a time when wade didnt have the reputation he is developing now.

wade was taloing about players leaving. he said naz wasnt sure if he wanted to go. wade says go man, go. get money. and eason, he will go as well, and wade said he isnt worried, he can replace him "in two days" with a transfer. because people will see that wade took a good/great player as a transfer and made him a star that will be a first rounder. if you are a frustrated player with talent, in a bad system, rotting under a shit coach or bad talent evaluator, and your metrics show you are awesome, you will BOLT to baton rouge to play for wade if he asks. wade will be choosing who he wants, not just taking whoever he can get like in the past.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@Jmg 247sports has Allen as a 2023 prospect. We have to wait another year for him, unless he comes out early

10. lsu-i-like

Trying to reclassify, I thought.

kcal and mctiger like this.