LSU Basketball 2022-2023

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

[​IMG]

saturday. fresh.

kcal likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

My all-time favorite LSU basketball look. From Dale Brown’s first SEC championship team.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i hope they have the dunking tiger on the shorts

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think the dunking tiger appeared on the uniform that followed (second photo) LSU 1.jpg LSU 2.jpg

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

It's a leave of absence for personal reasons...at this point he is not 'gone for good'. This was not due to disciplinary or academic reasons.
    On the season as a whole, we have to look at this as a rebuilding year where we got our hopes up early on until reality slapped the piss out of us.
    Hopefully with NIL we can make some 'strong ass offers' to recruits.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

it was good to see the tigers come out 2nd half against auburn and be competitive before falling apart…

rebounding and defense is a mindset and I’m not sure this team has it… a slump buster for Miller would be a pleasant surprise….

best case scenario for this team imo was .500 in sec play…. the tigers were right there with uk but couldn’t get over the hump on the road, A&M is a big surprise so far, Georgia is better than expected, as is Florida…. throw in a top heavy 1st half sec schedule and this is what you get.
    will be interesting to see how close the tigers keep the score vs the vols….

shane0911 likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

If I didn't know any better I'd bet money that they aren't even trying to rebound. It's terrible!

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its unfortunate they lost juice hill. but to be honest, the guy was not playing well. he just may be too small for the SEC. if you are gonna be that size, you need ball skills like tremont waters, who is basically a magical space wizard with the ball.

and juice wasnt shooting well at all. if we see more time from cam hayes, thats good. and even justice williams, who i think is talented and lacks for confidence, aggression and experience.

small guards just dont play well in modern elite basketball. they get switched into bad matchups on D, and they cant board vs their opposite. trae hannibal isnt tall either, but he is built like a baby zion with superhero arms so i think he can get it done a little better than juice hill did. neither can shoot. but hayes can, and i hope justice W will show that he can as well.

before the season we knew this stretch would be murder. these first SEC games, it was possible we would start 0-8. this is rough, but we may string some wins together late and salvage an almost ok season.

my primary worry right now is recruiting. i really want coach's first real recruiting cycle to land some stars, either freshmen or transfers.

in fact if it wasnt for transfers, i would be terrified for next season, as the freshman coming in are not exactly blowing the doors off the world.

kcal likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i hope we can close the gap and keep this ark game respectable.

i like what i have seen from justice williams.

i think big sean is on the bench in street clothes. unfortunate. need depth after the loss of wilkinson and hill.

next year

justice Williams, trae hannibal
    badass transfer/ cam hayes
    tyrell ward/mwani wilksson
    jalen reed
    big transfer/shawn philips

i dont see miller sticking around

really need at least two super awesome transfers or there will be more trouble

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

this is getting washington generals bad….

tigers lose 60-40 in a game not as close as the score would indicate…