LSU Basketball 2022-2023

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

texas tech sucks, the win streak starts now

kcal likes this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Over the first eight games of the conference, LSU faced eight teams in the top 50 of Kenpom, in the final ten SEC games, LSU will play just three teams in the top 50 (Alabama, Florida, Texas A&M

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

lets imagine a very optimistic rest of the season and see how it goes

12-8 now

texaas tech w
    mizzo W
    bama L
    ms st W
    tamu W
    GA W
    sc W
    vando W
    ole miss W
    mizzou W
    fla L

optijmmistic projection 21- 10 tourney bound

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Let me know when they can hit layups on a consistent basis and block out for a board. Watching them fail is not good for me.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

juice hill has resolved his personal issues and returned to the squad

Herb and kcal like this.
  6. shane0911

Has he learned how to put the ball into the basket?

7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

The transfer portal has definitely made turning around a basketball program easier, but it still takes some time. Realistically, CMM had to build an entirely new team in a couple of months and I think getting KJ is a good starting point. The problem is the other players are serviceable, but they're not true top-level SEC players. It's clear CMM still needs to find a true point guard to distribute the ball and a couple pure shooters to stretch the defense. Currently, LSU doesn't have a consistent threat from the outside, which allows teams to double and triple team KJ down low. LSU is basically playing with one hand tied around his back and I don't see much significant change the rest of the way. However, I still think CMM is the right man to get the job done eventually.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

will wade is wise:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...urrent-state-of-college-basketball-203801427/

this offseason, and mcmahons ability to sign some tari eason type transfers is key. he should be able to create a contender by next year by importing 2 or 3 starters. wade brought in pinson and eason and they were good. eason was amazing. pinson seemed ok but then when he was hurt i learned he was essential.

these current players are not SEC athletes and there is nothing he can do about it. they get blocked better and taller and faster athletes. they cant get good shots off in the paint. they get closed out from 3 by faster players.

get ja morant to call the hottest transfers.

9. shane0911

This team doesn't have a consistent threat at all! Forget outside, you could put them at the goal and they still miss.

I get it, Coach started with not a single scholarship player and quickly built something. Great job, excited for the future but this is the worst LSU basketball team I've ever seen. It's just all around bad. Glad it's Hockey season, Geaux Avs!

10. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

The Avs play their next game a week from today. That & we've been in an extended cold spell where we're lucky if we see a high in the 40s.