LSU Basketball 2022-2023

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

another pretty high level recruit comitted. this time a point guard. seems good at most everything except shooting 3's.

McMahon is getting decent players, SEC level players. its good news.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

as far as I know, still no word from the NCAA on Jalen cook, of walker LA.

its a local guy with his whole family wanting to come to watch him play, why would the NCAA not clear this immediately!

almost surely our starting PG and season is in 20 days. da fuck is wrong with the NCAA? why is everything they do stupid terrible and takes forever?

mctiger and shane0911 like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The OKC Thunder signed KJ Williams today!

kcal likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I am now at a boiling point anger level at the NCAA for not informing LSU of Jalen cook's eligibility status.

its like their whole purpose is not to help the athletes but to fuck them over.

whether he is eligible or not, they decision must be quicker than this! delay just fucks everything. man I hate them so much

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Eight (some would say nine) former Tigers are on NBA opening night rosters this year.

Garrett Temple signed with Toronto. Among former Tigers, only Shaq, Brandon Bass and Bob Petit have played more NBA games than Temple.
    Naz Reid (Minnesota) and Tari Eason (Houston) continue with their current teams. Reid just got a 3-year extension on his current contract.
    Skylar Mays (Atlanta), Javonte Smart (Philly) and Duop Reath (Portland) are on two-way contracts, meaning they are actually on G-League assignments but can be brought up to their parent clubs for a limited number of games..
    Cam Thomas, Trendon Watford and he-who-will-not-be-named are with Brooklyn.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I went to the exhibition game vs LA Christian or whoever. LSU won by 88. so they weren't exactly stressed or under pressure.

Collins cannot handle the ball well or shoot. but he is top tier NBA level in terms of skywalking. he is a destroyer of worlds on the fast break. any ball thrown any random direction will be dunked. he is so high up there and his arms are so long, he can retrieve anything and dunk it. its crazy. I have never seen a more effortless dunk in warmups. he is nose-high to the rim with arms way way way over.

reed looks really imposing, strong and big. improving but I dunno if he is as skilled as his sophomore teammate ward, who I think may really be a deadly shooter. ward is skilled, he can move with the ball and has a smooth motion and release.

wade once talked about the mix he wanted, some guys with skills (KJ williams) and some guys with energy and athleticism (like eric Gaines). some guys are all athlete but not basktball experts (emmit Williams). but some guys have enough of both size and talent (naz R) or athleticism and talent (tari eason) that can do it all. most college players are very limited. last year had not enough skill, or athletes. this year has far more of both. a mix of skill and SEC level athletes. last year's team could not finish at the rim on the break. or shoot. or play defense. this team can positively finish and maybe can shoot. fast break points are what I think runs the mcmahon system so that's the sort of player he wants.

corey chest is a fantastic athlete. jordan wright and carlos stewart and experienced and skilled. will baker appears to be borderline NBA well rounded. he can shoot and pass and play outside.

here is the problem. guard depth will be weak without cook. they started Mike Williams, who is a true freshman. I really hope they don't expect him to be needed. Jalen cook needs to start. I am worried they are anticipating cook will not be eligible and williams will have to be the primary backup for both guards wright and Stewart. Williams looks like he can handle the ball and move with it ok. but he is a true freshman.

wright is good, big and strong looking and very relaxed. this is his 5th year of SEC ball.

its possible ward can/does play 2 guard, not sure.

wilkinson still buries corner 3s. I can see him making a career like Garret temple doing that.

baker would be a decent backup NBA center, maybe. maybe not. but he is sneaky athletic and is court-aware.

chest is NBA level athlete for sure. looking forward to seeing how he develops.

ward has potential as an all rounder.

Tiger in NC, Chipeace and kcal like this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Jalen cook ruled out. NCAA is assholes yet again. they are appealing it, and also I guess its possible he could graduate in December and be eligible

shane0911 likes this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

will wade's mcneese team beat wade's former team VCU. they are gonna torch that shit conference

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

lack of PG depth killed em there. Jalen cook woulda won the game. Trae Hannibal couldn't score when they left him open late.

mike Williams is very talented, has good court vision. he cant play 40 minutes and he has no experience.

baker is a catastrophe on the boards. and defense.

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

the worst part wasnt losing to nicholls… it was being down 24 and not taking the lead until late 2nd half… for the first time in the game.
    tigers never held the lead until then.

dang… it’s a long time till baseball….