LSU Basketball #5 By Andy Katz

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OpelousasLSUFan, Jun 19, 2006.

1. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

1. Florida (33-6)[​IMG] • The starting five is back from a national championship team.
    • Forward Joakim Noah could be the preseason national player of the year.
    • The Gators might have had the best locker room karma of any team in the NCAA Tournament. There's no reason to believe that won't continue in 2006-07.

2. Kansas (25-8)[​IMG] • Brandon Rush didn't sniff the NBA draft and returns with rest of his mates.
    • Kansas again signed the top prospect late in the spring recruiting period and Darrel Arthur is a potential national freshman of the year.
    • The first-round loss to Bradley will push this squad maybe harder than any other team.
    3. North Carolina (23-8)[​IMG] • Tyler Hansbrough returned to be one of the most efficient scorers in the low post.
    • The addition of the top freshmen class in the country led by guards Tywon Lawson, Wayne Ellington and forward Brendan Wright make the Tar Heels one of the most talented teams in the nation.
    • The so-called role guys who led the surprising Tar Heels to the NCAAs will be even more effective in Year 2.
    4. Pittsburgh (25-8)[​IMG] • Aaron Gray returned for his senior season. He'll be the immovable man in the middle for the Panthers.
    • Sam Young might be the least-publicized elite forward in the country. Remember his name. He is a stud.
    • The loss of Carl Krauser will hurt, but Ronald Ramon, Antonio Graves, Levance Fields and Keith Benjamin are all savvy enough to be the lead guard. 5. LSU (23-9)[​IMG] • Glen "Big Baby" Davis returned to LSU and skipped the NBA draft.
    • Four of the five starters return (we're counting Tack Minor as a starter, since he'll be back at guard) and the bench has Final Four experience.
    • We're going to believe coach John Brady that Magnum Rolle will replace Tyrus Thomas' shot blocking.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2491073&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos1

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I hope he's right on Magnum "I look more like a rapper than most rappers, and that's a good thing" Rolle.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

If Mags can put some weight on he can be very effective.

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

No mention of Terry Martin?

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I think D. Mason is the more glaring omission as a guy who averaged 11 as a true freshman in the Big East conference.

6. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

He's counting Tack as a starter....but is that a good thing???

Honestly, I dont see how Bama didn't crack the top 10...It's cool though. :)

7. LSUDeek

:dis:

He's probably the only PG in the conference who can keep up with Steele foot-speed wise. GT was certainly left in the dust quite a few times and DM was severely lacking in height. I believe I remember him going for a near triple double against Alabama in the PMAC.... :rofl:

8. LSUDeek

You needed a career game out of Felix to get out of the first round of the tournament. Davidson, Steele, and Hendrix should certainly improve, and could possibly be the second best G-F combo in the conference, but ya'll didn't show enough last year. More scholarship players will help.

9. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

You left out Alonzo Gee. He was one of the better looking freshmen in the SEC last year...You also noted the career game by Jean Felix. Sure, he had a great game and helped us win, but we also came about 6'' from beating the same team that totally embarrassed your Tigers. :thumb:

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Remind me again what round you're referring to? Thought so...

Tack is like a loose cannon. He is absolutely blazing, but is oftentimes too fast for his own good, or for the good of his teammates. If he can put a leash on that puppy, look the hell out. The presence of a true PG kept us from winning the NC this year, and that's seriously it.