LSU Basketball #5 By Andy Katz

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OpelousasLSUFan, Jun 19, 2006.

1. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Same could be said about Alabama...But instead of a PG, you could say SG, because we didn't have one---at all.

I wasn't saying that to talk crap...Just stating that we weren't so "far behind you". You guys squeaked by a couple times too. We lost to a VERY good UCLA team by a hair...Same team that beat you by a whole half of basketball.

I'm just stating my reasons why I think we should have been preseason top 10, not trying to diss the Tigers.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah, there's that, and the fact that you didn't make it to the Final Four. That had something to do with it.
    That's fine. But we also took down two powerhouses on the way there. Who knows how the game would have turned out if we had played the Bruins that early on in the tourney. And who knows what the result would have been had you played them in the FF? I mean, you throttled UF in football, and we barely beat them. But we also beat Bama. Catch my drift?

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I dont think that Mason played for Marquette when they were in the Big East?? I could be wrong but I think he played when they were still in the Conf USA

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the problem is tack's control isnt his only major problem. i hope he has completely restructured his shot. his shot selection was rarely good, but even if it was he'd still shoot less than 45%. dude has no arc on his shot.

i have hope for tack, but i must admit its a longshot. especially with how GT developed and the transfers coming in.

5. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

correct

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

What I believe Chaos and yourself are trying to say is that Tack needs to let
    the game come to him first.
    The old saying is that you have to work smarter not harder.

To be perfectly honest I thought LSU was better without him last year.
    Hopefully he will slow down a little and let the game come to him.
    Its kinda like when you come off an injury and play in the first game for a while.
    Game speed seems so fast but slows down once you play a while.
    You have to be smart and pick your spots of when to push and when to slow
    down, same with shot selection.

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Good point.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Unlike last year, the top 3 of college basketball seem to be a step ahead of everyone else. Their player development will show us how far or behind we thought these teams were going to be. They have lots of young players. I think it will be really hard for us to take down one of those top teams in the tourny. I know we can do it, but I am not sure if we have the scoring minus the turnovers to do so.

As far as the SEC goes, there are a lot of very talented teams. I think it will come dwon to LSU, Florida, and Bama. With maybe Tenn in there.

I think we have a good shot at winning the SEC for Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, USC, and even improved Georgia and Vandy squads will beat up on each other.

9. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

With all that said, the SEC wont be underrated this year...We will have to live up to the hype--and I think that we will!

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

True dat. I don't think there will be much doubt who the strongest conference is come spring. Even teams like Arkansas are going to be making a lot of noise, and you just know UK is going to be back.