LSU basketball and Coach Will Wade thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stevescookin, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Looks like they fixed it and UL-Lafayette it is!

Brian likes this.
  2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Herb...that's nit picking

Brian likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Its funny that if you go on Twitter right now, there are Cajun fans literally instructing the media that the name of the team is the "Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns." Others have pointed out that the legislature put it on paper during the system name change that every school that used the U. of Louisiana name had to designate their location in the official name, i.e., legally, the name of the school is The University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The cajun folks respond that their version is perfectly legal, because they don't say "University of" in their name. As if the team is a separate entity from the university. The severity of their inferiority complex is hilarious.

Richdog and Winston1 like this.
  4. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

Lots of stories are rewritten lacking a few details to be filled last minute. LSU has been in the field for some time

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Dear LSU Family,

One year ago, Joe Alleva introduced me as your men’s head basketball coach. I pledged then to bring a new attitude and commitment to excellence to this program. I promised you we would attack each day, leave everything on the court and make you proud. I asked you, the LSU fans, to join us in that effort. I am grateful to say that you have been with us every step of the way.

You, the fans and season ticket holders, came out by the tens of thousands to support us from a home opener sell out, to the NIT where you inspired our team with your passion and pride. All season, we fed off your energy. You made a difference for our student-athletes, inspiring us and driving us to work hard to represent LSU. I cannot thank you enough for your support all season long.

To the band, spirit squads, faculty and staff – thank you for your commitment to LSU basketball. It takes hundreds of people working hard every day to make a program like this work and work well. Your daily efforts are recognized by each of us and we appreciate all that you do.

Last, but certainly not least, I want to thank the students. When I was first introduced, you were hanging from the rafters in the Student Union. Months later, you were hanging from the rafters in the PMAC. You fought for our team from day one and represented this institution with pride. You inspired us and I cannot wait to see that student section overflowing next season.

Put simply, all of you have made me proud to call LSU home. This is just the beginning.

Geaux Tigers and Boot Up!

[​IMG]
    Will Wade
    LSU Men's Basketball Coach

6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

classy gesture by Wade

stevescookin and Brian like this.
  7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Where there's a Will there's a Wade.

GiantDuckFan likes this.