LSU Basketball Coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KTeamLSU, Jan 22, 2005.

1. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

If you could hire a basketball coach at the end of the season for LSU, who would you choose (make sure its someone that would actually come down so leave out Self, Mike K., Rick Pitino etc.). I think we should have jumped on Bob Knight a few years ago or Rick Barnes when he left Clemson. But If I had to hire a coach right now I really don't know who I would choose.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Interesting question. I think Floyd loves Louisiana and he could've turned the program around. It's frustrating because he was waitng to be hired. I think he would've chosed LSU over USC is he's been offered the job.

What about Larry Eustachy at USM? He's a Floyd protege and had enough success at Iowa St. to prove he can win. With his past though, there may be too many temptations in Louisiana for LSU to take a gamble on him.

3. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Is Nolan still coaching, I know when he left Arkansas, he did so under a NAACP situation because he felt the university was racist, but he is a good coach and I think he could do well here.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

no, he was trying to get the tulsa job, again.

5. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Mike Anderson from UAB or Jay Wright from Villanova.

6. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

one of the duke assistent coaches. the top assistent won't leave but the second one in charge will. they have both been there since coach K got there. If not them maybe marquette's coach. Also steve lavin did a good job at UCLA and is available. Floyd would be a good choice too.

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Let me say this...Quinn Stewart at Mizzou hasn't exactly inspired me nor enamored me with Duke's assistants...Allegations of player payments, cash drop offs, and jailcell confessions...Really the type of coach who makes you wonder just how he "pulled the wool over Coach K's eyes" for so long, right?

Take a guess about how many parents of Duke players from "impoverished" backgrounds have found work at Duke-friendly alumni's businesses in that "tech triangle" in the Carolinas...It's interesting, to put it mildly...

I don't want a Duke assistant...

I think Lavin won, and won and brought in talent...and he did it in the shadows of one of the best coach's in his sport's history. He would be a good choice. Floyd would be a so-so hire, and one that's been rumored to be interested in that job for coming up on an entire decade now. That slow stretched out dance has taken long enough for something to finaly happen, perhaps.

Outside of that, the guy that's brought in all this talent, and is the God-father of Tasmin Mitchell might be someone worth taking a look at...Hell, we've given Brady long enough to run the program into the ground...What could be worse?

8. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

What about the coach from St. Joes... he did well last year with lower recrutis... did he get snatched up by another school, there is also George Washington's HC who is in the same boat.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i would have liked doherty. he looks like a greaser, but lavin would probably work out (doesnt seem like a Southern type, though)

wouldnt it be great to burn usc by getting majerus?

i guess butch would be good, but hard to know how good of a coach he is. anyway of knowing if he butts heads with brady in xs and os? if not you may not want him.

jessie evans
    jeff capel

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

dont think martelli would leave (st joes guy)

karl hobbs at gw. probably wouldnt leave either. big name school in good recruiting area