LSU Basketball Coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KTeamLSU, Jan 22, 2005.

1. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

so this doesn't read like "Dude you don't know what you are talking about"... anyway, well here is hoping for a Cinderella story and then a firing of John Brady for picking up a prostitute or something (can't a guy dream).

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

If it does, I'm telling you now, that wasn't the intent...So my apologies...

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I supported John Brady for the last 8 years........

IMO, he did a good job while we were on probation. It's time for LSU to become a "player" again on the national level. Rick M. is a REAL possibility. His best friend is an attorney here in BTR.

I would not be surprised one bit if Rick M. is coaching the Tigers next season.

The TAF is about to drop big time bucks into the PMAC.....They will expect results.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

What's the word on why Majerus backed out on USC? I never heard the real story. If he's still worried about his weight and his ticker, then would Louisiana (with all of the great cuisine) be the best choice for him?

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I don't see Penders leaving UofH, since he hasn't been there all that long.

Majerus? After the USC debacle, who knows what's up with him.

Lavin? Did a great job, and if they think he can recruit locally, he seems like a great hire.

Eustachy? LSU's vaunted sororities and boozing is a concern obviously! BUT, that guy did a solid job before, and could build a nice program, if his recruiting doesn't suffer from past mistakes.

Others? I have no idea.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

He claimed his health was the reason he wasn't ready to take the USC job, but that sounds a little fishy ... not sure why he would accept the job, then back out at the last minute.

The man doesn't look like he has lost any weight and I would think his health would be a major issue.

But he is a very good coach...

7. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I like the coach from Washington but from seeing what there doing this year I dont see him leaving for awhile....and I like coach from Iowa but hes destined to be Indiana's coach sooner or later....

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

9. friday

friday Founding Member

mike jarvis? although he did leave the johnnies with a mess.

10. LSUfbUKbb22

LSUfbUKbb22 Freshman

Rick Pitino is a great coach. I will be scared to watch the UK go agianst pintino with some talent. This might make UK and LSu rivals.