LSU Basketball=No heart!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Everybody sees the NIT

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well it wasn't directed solely at you, more a generalized statement

Couldn't be further from the truth. I have actually been fairly subdued and even started my own sunshine thread.

Well it surely is. I don't hate CJJ, hell I liked watching him play back in the day. We are all entitled to our opinions, that is what makes them ours. Mine is that a coach should know how to draw up a play and get the ball in bounds after a time out. Doesn't seem like an over reach or asking too much. I don't recall saying he should be fired, just that he needs to learn a bit more, perhaps he will do that in the coming years, lets see how it goes.

Oh but there most certainly is. They like to gripe about people that notice the inefficiency, the blunders, the WTF's while ignoring the fact that these things are abundant within the program. Seems a little intolerant to me but I don't take any of it personal.

There are still different opinions, I would assume there always will be. See the trouble is, the coalition doesn't like to be wrong, and they are and they can only resort to taking their ball and going home. Seems childish to me but I don't take it personal. They will grow up someday

Red will be back eventually, he is vested. Dad never said anything anyway, lots of words and how he had inside info but he would never really tell you what any of it was, don't believe me, search his post and find me anything of substance. He was a blowhard that wanted everyone to know he was cushy with the staff. Woopity doo. @COTiger is a quality dude. I like that guy. The rest of them, well this place was jumping back in the day. Then this thing with Red and Grad happened, there were a few others involved that I won't mention but when grad started his site a lot of the people you noticed gone went over there. They were gone a long time ago.

Well we are the entertainment and we will have to do better. The minions are gone by the way, if you haven't noticed I've changed my avatar quite some time ago and cut them all loose. Hope I've cleared it up for ya.

COTiger and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, I interpreted that "sunshine thread" like I would an article from The Onion, a little bit of truth and a lot of sarcasm. Maybe you didn't truly mean it that way, idk? In this thread alone, you have said "whoa, watch it, now, they'll be coming after you", stuff like that, meaning someone's opinion who is different will get attacked. The only person I've jumped on at all is Islstl b/c his perception and answer to everything is "fire the coach", "this coach is a moron", etc. That opinion, while maybe accurate in some instances, is poisonous and undermines the support of the program. Someone told Islstl to "keep getting the word out". Well, clearly he has, and it is out. The majority opinion here is that CJJ sucks, he can't call plays or timeouts, and he needs to go b/c he hasn't gotten 3 freshmen and TQ to play consistently together. My loyalty is to LSU, not this forum. I don't like hearing the constant poisonous venom that gets spewed. It takes away from what is good about it all.
    Fair enough, but my comment wasn't just about you. Many are calling for him to be fired, and you have clearly stated you think your viewpoint is clear that he can't call plays, timeouts, etc, and that others need to take off the RayBans, so you are essentially agreeing with him needing to go, or put differently, LSU needing a different coach who can call plays, timeouts, and "coach up" BS. You are now saying that maybe he'll improve and let's see how it goes, so that is refreshing.
    Well, I see that differently, too. I feel like I have been on both sides of the Les Miles conversation. On the one hand, wanting to support and have patience, and enjoying the winning. On the other hand, watching talent come in and out over 11 years, and not reaching potential grows tiresome. Like Winston said, most of us here were at the point of supporting LSU and CLM parting ways. Over this time, I have seen the majority opinion shift dramatically. Regarding the coalition reference, I think there are much more people who gripe about the coaching of the programs than there are people who gripe about the gripers.
    Cool. Glad to hear all of that.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Man, this is NCAA basketball and it's been this way for a while. I don't think Mickey or Martin were one and done, were they? Every other coach has to deal with this.

The fact is they aren't here. So as a leader you move forward. He got some hot shit recruits to come here, so he did good in that regard. The execution has been a failure to this point and while LSU isn't mathematically eliminated, their trajectory is not in a good way.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well he is now benched for academic reasons.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I thought that was just a few minutes last game. Not that it matters, I think the season is effectively done.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Poisonous venom?? There is some from certain posters. Do what I do. Ignore it. Most of what I read is legitimate criticism of Jones and the direction this program is headed. And I agree with most of it. Come on man. Take off the P&G glasses for a minute. This team has problems that can't be ignored.

islstl and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Only for the start of the Tennessee game. What difference does if make whether he goes to class or not? He can't flunk until the semester is over and by then basketball will be over too. Everybody knew he was one and done. He should be eligible as long as he passed last semester.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I'm honored. Thanks

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No problem, there is only 1 here that I don't like