LSU basketball statement....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsutygr06, Jul 22, 2004.

1. lsutygr06

lsutygr06 Founding Member

Hey guys..
    just wanted to see how many positive replies i could get to this...
    how many of us LSU fans would like to see "Mr. Kentucky's" Ross Neltner play/start this year? :geaux: :geaux: :lsug:

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I made most of the home games last season and many times in games Neltner was a bright spot on the team when in the game. Then again at times he scared me. It's hard to describe the guy's playing style; he was very aggressive but looked very clumsy in his motions. All in all though he was energetic, active, and effective whenever he got a chance. I don't think he could *not* get playing time. As for being a starter, we will see.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I couldn't care less what the names of the starters are or where they are from, just put the best five on the court and improve as the season goes on.
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Yes, definitely. Ross will do good this year. Can't wait for the Fall & Winter months to get here.

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Here's a statement about LSU Basketball...I love the players. I love the managers. I love the support staff...But WHY OH WHY COULDN'T TEXAS A&M HAVE OFFERED JOHN BRADY an extra $20,000????????????????????????????????

6. BB

BB Founding Member

On a team with 2 big time inside forces Neltner should get comfortable and improve at the college level. He will have 2 hungry beasts to feed the ball to and his play on defense will be solid as most Brady players defend quite well. Had Bass gone to the draft and Davis not qualified, Neltner would have been the biggest kid on the team and forced to guard the opposition’s big man – we are all relieved that this is not the case (Ross included). Neltner will be a 4 year player and I think he will come into his own after being in a role playing position for the next season or two. As for starting or not…

If that kid Xavier Whipple can start I’d say Neltner has the talent to make the starting 5. Did Whipple ever contribute on the offensive end of the floor last year? Did Whipple make a shot last year? Does Whipple have a scholarship? Can YOU whip Whipple’s ass in basketball – that kid needs some work. Point is, if we have to see the Whipple kid pass the ball around the perimeter, we damn well should see Neltner get significant playing time. This should be a fun season and a relief after last year.

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I agree about Whipple. I usually try to give young kids a break but Whipple was a complete liability on offense last year. The only thing I can think of is that Brady didn't want Minor to go crazy as a true frosh starter. I guess Whipple's play in Bright's SR year helped the Tigers make the tourney but I'm hoping we only need him on the court 10-15 minutes a game to spell Minor.

Neltner is the type of guy who will probably improve 1000% over the next 3 yrs. He appears to have a good feel for feeding the post and plays hard. I expect him and Kounjia to be completely different players this year.

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Do you think he would have taken it for 20K?

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I have no problem with Mr. Whipple. just please don't squeeze the charmin.

10. BB

BB Founding Member

My problem with Whipple doesn't lie in the fact that he hasn't turned out to be as talented as we thought he was - that happens all the time in every program. My problem with Whipple is that he might be the most ineffective basketball player to ever play the game on any level (this includes 35 Year Old Fat Man City League, Biddy Basketball, Bedroom Nerf Doorframe Basketball and Office Trash Can Basketball).

Beyond that, Brady went all the way to freaking Georgia to get this kid and he was crazy about him from the start. If you look at the list of in-state or neighboring state Point Guards Brady didn't recruit as he went after Whipple you will cringe and possibly laugh/cry (actually, don't look at the list, just watch the NCAA Tournament). Whipple is awful. When Whipple enters a game I press record on my VCR so that I will have footage to teach my (yet to be conceived) children how not to suck at basketball one day.

OK, enough negativity from me - even John Brady and Xavier "Suck Like a Nipple" Whipple deserve an offseason from my ranting.