LSU basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal014, Dec 12, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It looked like they had the offense down a lot better than defense. They gave up at lot of baskets that could have been defended. Why do so many hot offensive players hate doing the work on the defensive end? Those fabulous Dale Brown teams of 1978-81 played terrific defense. I remember a game on the road at North Carolina when LSU held them to 19 points in the first half. And Jordan and Worthy were on that team.

LSUDad and alfredeneuman like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well it certainly seemed as if Vandy had it figured out, held us off of our scoring pace I'm sure. I just saw a lot of standing around sort of waiting for something to happen. Almost reminded me of the Thunder. They won the game, that is called living to fight another day and I will take it.

red55 likes this.
  3. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Looked like middle of the paint was open all game. Got beat way too often, but having big guys that can shoot from the outside is tough.

That said, I was impressed with how they responded each time Vandy looked like they were going on a run. FG% improved dramatically in the second half. Came up with the big stops when needed. FT% has to improve.

ParadiseiNC, shane0911 and red55 like this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

frustrating that they just stand around with no set play and just dribble and dish usually resulting in a turnover. they need some semblance of an offensive set. i cant believe they win against anyone doing this.

i feel like we have the same problems in hoops that we do with football. decent defense, clueless on offense.

also, that 6'10 black dude is from baton rouge. scotlandville product. shoulda kept him but i guess he wanted an education.

also, the refs sucked. the bs foul on mickey at the end almost cost us the game but there were wrong calls all game not just missed calls.

the timeout by jj with 7 seconds was good timing. no one was doing anything to get to the goal. standing around as usual. i dont get it. we were extremely fortunate to steal that game.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

this is what i think josh gray needs to be groomed for. dribble penetration in these situations---plus he leads the team in steals and assists.

but don't forget---this team does set plays in these situations---in the TAMU game gray drove and dished to hornsby but flubbed it. i think the alternative is get it to martin at 15 ft and he'll spin around and get a shot off.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

That was a big road win and I think the team still has a lot of room for growth. Patterson looks steady every time I've seen him play. Martin is getting tougher as the season goes on. Not sure how Mickey's game will translate at next level but he's efficient and fun to watch at this one. March Madness will be so much better if we're in it, especially if it's with a good seed.

lsu-i-like and LSUDad like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'd hope we get somewhere like an 8-10

8. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Jones was recruited hard by LSU but he says LSU was never a consideration for him. I think in the end he chose Vanderbilt over Oklahoma and Stanford.

tirk likes this.
  9. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

South Carolina will not be a push over by any means. Their record is a little deceiving at 10-8 as they have lost their last three games; two hard fought losses at Auburn and then at home against Tennessee followed by a 15 point loss to #1 Kentucky that was actually closer than the score indicates. South Carolina also beat Clemson earlier in the year not long after Clemson handed us one of our four losses. I think we will win this game but I don't like the fact that a team as scrappy and talented as South Carolina is coming off three straight tough losses. We may run into a buzz saw if we aren't ready.

shane0911, LSUDad and LSUDieHard like this.
  10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

we'll probably be favored which means we will probably lose. i dont know if this team can turn the corner due to that lack of offense. we've been quite lucky.

either way i didnt see us blowing out florida. ill just assume this will be another close one and free throws goddamnit. make them.