LSU basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal014, Dec 12, 2014.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

This win has me pretty excited. I guess we're probably in the tourney, now? It would help to win 1 of our last 2. We've got a bunch guys who can get hot on this team, and it would be something to go into sect with two more wins. Might be peaking at the right time.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I've said it before. I would like to see us play with more consistency. A W against the Vols I would think pretty much guarantees it.

3. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I'm not convinced we're in yet. We need to beat Tennessee for sure. I think we can get away with a loss to Arkansas, but a win would cement us as a tournament team.

mrgreen21 likes this.
  4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

There's no doubt we are in. The question will be our seeding. Another win will definitely cement it, and may push our seed up a notch or two. Agree about consistency. I think they are overall playing much better the last 8-10 games, minus a hiccup or two. Overall, solid team effort. JM2 are definitely the lifeblood of our offensive success, and rebounding.

5. ParadiseiNC

You know, replace Mickey's name with another, and this type of comment could be seen on a UNC board. UNC is higher ranked, have more losses than us, and are just as inconsistent, but I am sure our fans hold that team in much higher regard. I'm really not upset over our season, even the losses that "shouldn't have been". That happens in sports, esp. basketball. It's a tough game to be at your best against quality opponents night after night for 30+ games. You just have to stay positive, keep moving forward, and good things happen. 21-8 is a respectable record. Hopefully, we are putting it together at the right time of the year, CJJ is getting the right lineup out there, and the team is staying disciplined re: offensive strategy, and rebounding.

6. COTiger

We've played two teams that were ranked in the Top 25 when we played them. We're 1 & 1. Our SOS is ranked #100. Let's see how we finish the season and how we play in the SEC tourney.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

Point taken. Definitely, our SOS is an issue.

8. COTiger

Somewhat on topic, the ESPN brass needs to spring for a new rug for Lunardi. With all the air time he's going to be getting that current piece isn't going to cut it.

9. ParadiseiNC

LOL, tell me about it. Was thinking the same thing last night. I think it was shifted, and more obvious. Looked pretty descent mid-day today, but may be worn out a bit by this evening.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Quarterman is the first Tiger to post a triple-double since Shaq.

islstl and ParadiseiNC like this.