LSU Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tygertail, Feb 10, 2004.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Here's the difference between Brady and Saban, with respect to recruiting ...

Saban only recruits kids who he believes will fit into his system. Saban knows exactly what his system is and what type of player best fits into his system. Saban also looks hard at character and grades. This is why we are having fewer kids transfer each year and may not be able to sign our full compliment of 25 recruits next year.

Brady recruits the best player he can find, whether or not they are the best fit for his system. First off, I don't think Brady has figured out what his system is yet. At the beginning of this year, Brady and Minor both talked about an uptempo game ... we have just the opposite. Good programs don't change their system for players, they recruit players to fit into their system.

2. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

this is just your opinion...u don't know that Brady just takes what he can get

I'm sure just like Saban, Brady asks the same questions about are you in it for the program of for yourself?

roygu makes a great point about attrition...Saban has football players quit all the time but he can afford to b/c of the 85 man roster

just the same, Brady has players quit but unfortunately there's only 15 spots available

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Any Bama, Auburn or Arky fans over here listening to this crap? Would you take 16-4, 6-3 at this point in the season or would you be whining and crying like a bunch of spoiled babies?:cry: :cry:

Roygu and OK Tiger: Great Posts.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Sorry, you are right ... Brady is every bit as good as Saban!

What was I thinking...

5. OklahomaTiger

OklahomaTiger Founding Member

Stop!

Proving a point by putting words in people's mouths is ridiculous. I don't believe anybody on this board is even trying to insinuate that Brady is as good as Saban. Saban is the best there is. I don't think we can get Coach K to come here. Still, Brady is damn good coach, IMO.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Re: Re: Re: We had a couple from GA

I LOVE BRADY! how bout that. does this mean that i cant be pissed if he doesnt recruit some shooting guards, or if we lose to ole miss or aub? ive always been a big fan of what brady has done, but he's not perfect. i love him but i'm not convinced that he can take a team to the final four---i am hopeful though.

7. Tigersmack

Tigersmack Founding Member

OK, honestly GUM

I am about at the same point but without the LOVE for Brady. I like all of the LSU coaches but, like you said, I'm not convinced Brady is the guy to get us consistently in the top 5 (OK, OK RPI for God's sake) in the country. I just don't know why we should settle for anything less though.

I do remember when DiNardo came up with the lame ass excuse that Louisiana's educational system was what was keeping him from recruiting qualified athletes to compete. What a joke as Saban has proven in 4 years or really his second year. It's all in who the coach, how he prepares his teams and how he recuits.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i think its ridiculous to compare a football coach to a basketball coach. to many major differences. compare brady to brown, brady to gottfried or some other sec coach

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Re: OK, honestly GUM

i think youre a little unreasonable. how many programs are top 5 consistently? Duke. thats it. not unc, arizona, stanford, kansas

id be happy with top 25 consistently, with top ten every couple of years depending on a star player or two and experience of the team.