LSU Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger in NC, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How often do the Ducks wear those greenish yellow (or is it yellowish green) day-glo unis?

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]
    not very often, they're kinda drab compared to our yellows,.. actually Baylor has the brightest
    day-glos,.. lucky for the girls there, see them unis coming at em, they can run fer da hills.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Brian likes this.
  3. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

Go take a look at Kavell''s highlights & then look at Elbert''s highlights & you tell me who do you think is better....OK that's a trick question because Elbert has no highlights in the last 3 years...to answer your question Kavell is a lot more athletic & mobile then Elbert....Kavell didn't get a lot of minutes because the guy who played in front of him is projected to be a first round pick tomorrow... Also I think the writing was on the wall for Elbert, he doesn't really fit Wades system. Wade wants guys moving, hustling giving 100%. Elbert never showed that in the last 3 years. & this is not a dump on Elbert post but from watching Kavell's clips put together with the fact that he was the #3 JUCO guy, he'll be an upgrade! Hope that answered your question, it's the best I could do on my phone at work.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

The Duck's played seven players,.. Bigby-Williams was #8, who picked up mop-up minutes. Sitting out a year while practicing might help his game,.. you're overselling him, he didn't develop as hoped,.. but he is big.

Brian likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Our brand of basketball and yours has been vastly different of late. Not sure you appreciate how desperate we are.

Plus we hope WW can coach as good as he is fabled to. His enthusiasm certainly isn't lacking.

6. GiantDuckFan

Well Bigby-Williams is big and strong, decent D and rebounder,.. always room for one of those guys.
    I hope he comes through for ya.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The fact that you don't hate him for leaving tells me he isn't all that good.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

If he isn't excited about being a Duck, then I'm not excited about him staying a Duck.

Truth is though, we could probably use him next year. Oregon lost 4 starters and their next 3 bench players off of last year's team. We have tremendous freshmen talent coming in and couple of top transfers too, but with only one player returning who has played any minutes, next year's gonna be a whole new ball game.

9. GiantDuckFan

oh oh,..
    Kavell Bigby-Williams.....is under investigation for an alleged sexual assault from his time at Gillette College in northern Wyoming.

The Oregon Daily Emerald, first reported the criminal investigation Wednesday evening, which began on Sept. 19, 2016 and continued even as Bigby-Williams played for the Ducks. Campus police knew about the investigation during the season, going so far as to appoint Detective Kathy Flynn to interview the Oregon forward. Bigby-Williams dodged the detective twice, the campus newspaper reports.

10. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

I'm over selling him by saying he played behind a first round draft pick, the year before he was rated the #3 JUCO guy,he's athletic & I think he'll be better then Elbert? I don't get your logic, I never said that I thought he'd be a starter or anything like crazy, just that I thought he'd be an upgrade.