LSU Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger in NC, Jun 2, 2017.

1. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

Just read that Naz Reid the 5 star PF that's visiting this weekend who played with Smart at the top 100 a few weeks ago girlfriend is Raven Farley a 6'4 5 star center who will be a freshman next year for LSU!

Brian likes this.
  2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If he is as good as they say he will be a one and done. I hope we can make a deep run during his short time here.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

His cousin is Keith Smart from Baton Rouge who made the winning shot at the buzzer for Indiana vs Syracuse in the 1987 NCAA National Championship game

6. GiantDuckFan

One and done sucks,.. Mike Krysinski is in favor of loi contracts being binding for minimum of two years, which seems unenforceable to me. Besides the NBA is beginning to waver on it's ncaa agreement, and wants to draft kids out of high school again.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I like the baseball rule where kids can sign right out of high school but if they go to college they are ineligible to be drafted for 3 years.

TheRealist and GiantDuckFan like this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

I didn't know that, kudos to MLB. I feel too lazy to look it up, but pretty sure the NFL won't draft until after the sophomore year. If the NBA would show the same kind of cooperation,.. there would be no problem.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

NBA is about to expand D league. I think the culture of the NBA is all about the player; they don't care about the quality of college basketball. College teams will have to adjust like college baseball, but the overall quality will continue to be lowered (kind of like baseball).

I do like the idea of making players stick around for more than a year if they come, but if they want to fully bypass college, so be it.

Hell, we're now to the point where players transfer at the drop of a hat in college football. No commitment, very selfish. Maybe a little adversity is good for your ass.

TheRealist and GiantDuckFan like this.
  10. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

TeamofSavages likes this.