LSU basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, Feb 17, 2003.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Has anyone thought that maybe the basketball team isn't that great. Yes, they have great talent and yes they are underachieving and playing under their talent level, but maybe it isn't all brady. do you guys actually think we have the talent to beat kentucky or Florida? With this current recruiting class, the future looks bright...Can't wait for these guys to get some time under their belt. Stro was a top 25 high school player(number 3 I think). We have three top 50 and two top 25 guys commited right now, sounds great to me...

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

That's probably a good assessment of the team. This team probably isn't as talented as some other teams in the conference but it is also the same team (minus Jermaine Williams) that was playing great ball at the end of the year last year. So, some expectations were justified but maybe not to the extent that they jumped to after the Arizona game.

3. -T-

-T- Founding Member

you mention kentucky and florida, but fail to mention the other 6 teams we lost to which we were very capable of beating. i posted after the arizona game (only to be fussed at in follow ups) that we shouldn't get our hopes up. This team never was expected to be a sec champion, but most everybody knew before the year that this team would be severely underachieving if it didn't make it to the ncaa tourny. too many key seniors, young talent(2 la mr. basketballs), and a juco player of the year not to be in the top half of the sec. much of the problem this year is coaching.