LSU bb team rides bus to Auburn??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

The Fox Sports guys that did the LSU-Auburn game made a big deal about the fact that the LSU team rode a bus for the trip. I felt a little embarrassed that a program with our stature was sending a top 25 team to a game on a bus. I wouldn't even make my kid ride a bus if he was going there to watch the game. What's up with this? Does anyone know of any good reason that Brady did this? I sure hope that there was a good reason. I'm sure that rival coaching staffs will use this as a negative recruiting tool against us now.

2. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

ever been to auburn? Not an easy place to get to from baton rouge...

Bus from campus to BTR airport... 20 minutes... check in 1.5 hours before flight. Hour and 20 minute flight to Atlanta. Get luggage.. 30 minutes... Two hour bus drive from Atlanta airport to Auburn..

this equals 5 and a half hours of travel time if you fly and have no problems with Delta either delaying flight or loss of luggage...

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You could fly into Montgomery, but that wouldn't save any time. Jeff makes a valid point here. It's probably easier to take the bus, unless you fly a charter.

4. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

A charter would make sense. Auburn has 2 runways, one is 5260x100. That would be more than enough room for anything that LSU would have chartered to fly in. What type of planes does LSU have in its air force?

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

They sold it to make a run at Mark Few.

6. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Maybe thats why they played so badly.

7. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

Why is anyone even worried about this? Like this is the first team in history to ride a bus to a game. If the game would have been in Oregon, then I may see the point......but it was in freakin Auburn, AL!!! What is it, maybe an 8 hour ride at max?? All I know is that traveling is tiresome no matter what the mode of transportation....Jeff makes a great point in his post. So get over the frickin' bus.....
    :lsup: :geauxtige :lsup:

8. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

You don't see the football team on a bus. IF skip paid attention to basketball like he does baseball and football we would probably be a better team.

9. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

I can guarantee you that there are plenty of players on the team that would rather drive than fly.

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Man, you really do beat all. :dis: Have you seen the PMAC lately? Last time I checked, they didn't play baseball or football in there. Get over yourself.