LSU BBALL predictions come true for TE

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jeffinbama, Mar 7, 2005.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

G_Man, I think you have the 85 and 86 seasons backwards.

We lost to Indiana in the final four, and Louisville in a regional final.

2. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I agree that Dale Brown blew some games & that it appeared at times he had rediculous recriuits, (although one was the 13 year old Shak). For some reason, though, I was always more pumped when Dale was coaching. Maybe it was his rhetoric.

3. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

1985-86: NCAA, lost in national semifinals to Louisville
    Final Four (Dallas,Tx.)
    Louisville beat LSU 88-77
    Nat'l Champion Louisville 72-69 Duke (Kansas, LSU)

1986-87: NCAA, lost in regional finals to Indiana
    Regionals (Cincinnati, Ohio)
    LSU lost to Indiana 77-76 (Knight slams table knocking phone off)
    Nat'l Champion Indiana 74-73 Syracuse (UNLV, Providence)

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Dale got here at the right time. LSU fans were starved for a winner in basketball. He gradually built a program that was competitive with everyone in the conference. He beat Kentucky which was almost unheard of for LSU. Even though there were some disappointments there were many exciting games that will be difficult to equal. The win over Kentucky the year, maybe 78, when they won the nationlal championship. The wins over the Tarks Running Rebels and the win over Loyola Maramont. And who can forget the put back by Anthony Wilson that beat Purdue in the tournament. Those were exciting times.
    Chipeace, it may be our age also that makes the games less exciting in comparison. Been there done that. :)

5. Chipeace

True, so true.

6. USChater

USChater Founding Member

I agree with u 100percent. People want to bash Dale Brown but when you go to 2 final fours and two more final 8's and 12 straight ncaa bids. He built LSU basketball and there is no reason we should not be a national power every year. If Brady doesnt win at least one or two games in tourney it might be time to look elswhere for a coach. But god forbid you say that on this site. :geauxtige LSU! :crystal: :lsup:

7. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

And we went 2-14 in 2001

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

wow! very reasonable. i like it. its becoming more and more rare these days.

pull for the team.
    bitch about xs and os, stupid comments by the coach, and recruits we should or should not get.
    dont say brady sucks because lsu is so great and should be winning sec titles regularly or competing for natl titles every year. it just doesnt happen. there are no schools that can win titles in both football and basketball year in and year out.

i want it to happen. i hope it happens. but youre foolish to expect it and get pissed off when it doesnt happen. (or even worse, gripe about our crappy program during a long winning streak)

9. Chris M

Chris M Founding Member

Actually Wilsons put back was against Memphis State. We beat Purdie in double OT in the first round and beat Memphis State in the second round on Wilson's put back.

10. Chipeace

Chris M is right. We were up on Memphis State by 10 at half & they clawed back. One reason was they defended the wrong goal at the start of the second half. LSU was asleep & Memphis State got a gimme 2 points.