LSU Beat Roundtable

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

What's so funny about that? Not coming from me, read the draft crap.

Nobody said 22 first rounders.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

OK, I will not ignore it if you list those 22 players for me right now. After all, you gac an exact amount, 22, and said it can not be ignored. Waiting for you to compile the list, I am sure it will take some time so I will be patient.

Once you have provided your list to us, I will read the body of your post. For now I just read the first paragraph and the last sentence. I think that gives me a good idea of what's in the middle.......

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Dude, I LIVE for the draft crap, but 22? Equivalent to a starting O and starting D? In two years? From LSU?? :rofl:

My rough idea tops out at 10-12. Could probably even go to 13. I'm curious to see who you're counting.

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I should have known this was coming. LOL.:thumb:

here it is

Drafted
    Green, Addai, Whitworth, Livings, Niswanger, Landry, Wroten, Williams, Oliver.

Free Agent
    Prude, Vaughn, Hollis, Brazell

Drafted
    Bowe, Doucet, Broussard, Russell, Daniels, Johnson, Pittman

Free Agent
    Vincent, Davis.

That's 22. The other that is mentioned is CJ as a punter, but even though he may be able too, He may go Baseball. Who knows.

Go ahead, pick it apart. But I can't see any on this list that doesn't make some sense.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I dunno ChosenOne. No doubt that I like your optimism! But there are some pretty doubtful ones in there (IMO) unless they REALLY step up.

I don't see Prude getting picked up, and kind of doubt Vaughn and Hollis. Doucet isn't going to be leaving early, and unless their play picks up signficantly, I don't see JV or Davis headed to the NFL. Pittman's a bit of an unknown this year, but next year should be enlightening.

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I agree some are a stretch, But the fact is they will get a shot. That alone says a lot about talent.

In our day and time, combine numbers and measurments somtimes mean more to the scouts than production. And that helps some of these guys, but hurts others.

We'll see what happens. But you have to admit none of them are out of the question, and that was my whole point. Even if your almost good enough to play in the NFL, yolu should be pretty damn good in college.

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Those are some good points. I believe most LSU fans feel that this team is very talented. Then we see the actual games where receivers are dropping balls, linemen are holding and constantly having false starts, defensive players are completely fooled and blow coverage... The list can go on and on...

Seeing all of this, we have to question things... Are these players just not as good as we believe they are. Or is it a lack of fundamentals and proper practice routines that is causing these errors in play?

This phrase gets used often enough by some people on here but - "I suspect the answer is somewhere in the middle." :thumb: