LSU-Best Recruiting Class in College Football History?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 30, 2008.

?

Do you think that this LSU recruiting class will end up the best in NCAA history?

1. Yes

46.7%
  2. No

53.3%
  1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

On Rivals radio this morning, Bill King was talking about how this year's recruiting class could be the best recruiting class EVER for any school. He basically said that it is already the best this year, but if we land the likes of RR, Debose and Mingo that it would rivals one of USC's recruiting classes when they had some ridiculous recruiting class back in '02 or '03 (I can't remember which one, but I looked them both up and they were both pretty sick. In 2002 USC had like 8 5 stars and in 2003 was Reggie Bush and company).

"Best recruiting class ever in college football"....hearing that sent chills down my spine. With CLM, Chavis and Crowton coaching these boys up....the future of the LSU football program is VERY bright, my friends.:geaux::crystal::crystal::crystal:

1 person likes this.
  2. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

The best class ever in the history of college football is a stretch. That being said it appears to be an awesome class with some high character guys. I saw the video on Garrett on another thread and was really impressed with him too.

CLM and staff have done a tremendous job, but the real proof of the pudding is can you put your talent to its best use while maximizing everyone's (or at least most) talent.

The class seems to have a huge amount of potential. Let’s hope Les and crew can mold them into a "Team". I have faith. The future is bright at LSU.

3. Cajun Sensation

I thought it seemed like a stretch, too....BUT Bill King is, by far, the most knowledgeable college football fan that I've ever heard. I think that most of you that listen to him will agree. When he says something like that, it means something. I guess time will tell.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

If he was talking about total points on Rivals, he is correct according to Izzy's number crunching. We have a very good shot of surpassing the point totals if we land 3-4 guys we have a very good shot at.

THe ultimate decision on if this is the best class since the USC class will be determined in 4-5 years.

1 person likes this.
  5. csycompanies

csycompanies Young's Web Designs

Agreed!!!!

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

TBA after signing day but is looking good.

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I think cajun sensation has pulled out his purple and gold colored glasses again... :hihi:

8. Cajun Sensation

Nah, I was asking what y'all think and letting you know what Bill King said. I never said that it was best ever....but I haven't ruled it out yet, either......neither should you.:wink:

Geaux Tigers!:crystal::crystal::tigereye:

9. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

I think it is a good discussion Cajun. I think you would have to break it up into a modern era of recruiting and a past era. How would any current class stand up to a Bear Bryant class at Alabama that had unlimited scholarships to pass out?

What determines best ever class? Most wins? Most number of people in said class that make it to the next level? Some strange BCS like formula that calculates most college wins, most members of the class that graduates?

Maybe one of our recruiting (statistical) gurus could go back and look at a recruiting class that won more games (championships) than anyone else. If that is the case LSU's class that won 2 BCSs would be a contender. How many form that class actually graduated? I bet our numbers of players graduating has gone up in the Saban/Miles era.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I projected the numbers in my final 09 class projections thread.

That was without getting Campbell.

I have LSU at 3166, shattering USC's previous record of 3018. That is without Campbell. That was without Jackson getting his 5th star.