LSU breaks 3-3 tie in 9th

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, May 18, 2006.

1. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

That the top 8 teams by winning percentage in conference play make the tournament with the only exceptions being the top 2 teams from the east and west automatically qualifying.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Yes, I know that..... but what if a team is only behind by half a game because it played one fewer game?

3. LSUGraduate2002

doesn't matter it's based on win percentage.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i remember an instance when this happened before but not quite. Im pretty sure it must be made up if it involves two teams that end up being tied. being they are a half game back im not sure what the situation calls for.

you'd think it should be made up for fairness but i havent heard anything so maybe not and they just get screwed. If it was us Id be pissed and I thought about it midseason but still didnt hear an answer.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats not what hes asking dude. jeezus.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

The games aren't made up in the SEC. The teams finishing a half game back are simply screwed. If there is a tie for the 8th spot, tiebreaker rules will be used.

With a 1.5 game lead with two to play, I'm praying for a washout Friday and Saturday!:hihi:

EDIT: TieBreaker Rules from SECsports.com

7. LSUGraduate2002

8. LSUGradin99

Actually, you told me nothing.

Thanks tigerwins, your link explains it. It is not simply "win conference percentage ". It is more complex than that, which I suspected. The rules you linked to are what I was seeking.

9. LSUGraduate2002

Actually genious all the link does is explain tiebreaker rules. The part that would be relevent for LSU is what I posted earlier. From the link
    "SEC Tournament Seeding: The two division champions shall be automatically seeded number one and number two based on winning percentage in conference competition. The rest shall be seeded numbers three through eight based on winning percentage without regard to division." The only thing I didn't state was that the divisional winner was seeded either first or second and everyone else after that was seeded 3-8.

10. LSUGradin99

Ok, you are here to be argumentative. That is fine. So are countless other people. Thanks for your feedback.

"genius"