LSU cake decorations

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Marty, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Marty

Marty Founding Member

I'm getting married on the 17th and my fiancee is getting a LSU cake for my groom's cake. She is trying to find LSU cake decorations/toppers to put on the cake. Does any know of a place where we can get them? Thanks for any help you can give. I live in Hammond, work in BR and we're getting married in New Orleans so any place in that area would be great.

2. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

There are a few places that do a Tiger Stadium cake. Ambrosia is one of them. You would have to ask around about the rest, but there are like 3 or 4 in BR that do one like that.

3. Marty

Marty Founding Member

We have someone making the cake for us. We need to find some LSU decorations to put on top of it.

4. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I think it would be very hard to find decorations made exclusively for cakes. I think the best bet would be to check with the local LSU stores to see what LSU trinkets they have.

5. Consensus

Consensus Founding Member

Maybe you could ask the people at Ambrosia where they get their LSU cake decoration supplies. Probably some Tiger gift shop has that stuff. It's actually a pretty common thing to see an LSU themed cake, and someone's bound to be making a boat load of money from selling miniature Tigers and the like.

6. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

This may be a stretch, but how about Tyger Gifts in Metairie (Severn?). They have all sorts of LSU stuff. Not sure if they have cake toppers, though.

7. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

8. HittinZX2

HittinZX2 Living to die laughing

Yeah I've also seen the top at Tiger Mania on Highland Rd.

9. Capt Fun

Capt Fun Founding Member

FYI...Delmont pastry in Baton Rouge can also do a mock up of Tiger Stadium as a cake...double decks and all...

10. Big Earl

Big Earl Founding Member

I am getting married this year also and looked into getting a tiger stadium cake and Ambrosia does them...problem is that the cake is made mostly out of styrfoam (spelling) meaning it is only 45% edible and their prices begin somewhere around $600. Don't quote me on that, but I remember being very disappointed when I spoke to them. I have some pictures I will post here later.