LSU - Centenary Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DDTigerFan, Mar 22, 2004.

1. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

LSU plays Centenary Tuesday night at Fairgrounds Field in Shreveport. Centenary is 8-11 on the season and should be nothing more than a good practice for the Tigers. Determann is starting tomorrow and should get some good game experience. I wouldn't be surprised to see Smoke toy with the lineup to get some guys in who don't usually play alot. The Tigers are redhot right now coming off the series win at South Carolina and have a great oppurtunity to go 4-0 this week as we take on Moo State this weekend at The Box. State isn't what it usually is, they have struggled this year and are not that good of a team. I think that with the Alex Box crowd in the Tigers corner we should sweep the Dogs. A 5-1 SEC record would be a great start to another SEC Championship and a super regional at The Box. What's everybody's thoughts on this group of Tigers playing baseball this year?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They have the potential to go all the way but I'm still concerned about the pitching, especially the physical condition of Lane Mestapey. They took 2 of 3 from SC but still gave up 20 runs in the 3 games.

3. DDTigerFan

I'm sure its just a typo on your part Bengal B, but we won 2 of 3 at SC, not the sweep.

4. lsucurlyq

lsucurlyq Founding Member

I think that they definately have the potential to win the National Championship, they just have to get back to full strength.

:lsug: :lsup: :tigbas: :lsup: :lsug:

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It looks like Determann may end up being the weekend starter instead Dirks which I would guess surprises most of us but Jason has also been very good and has the added advantage of having pitched last year while Dirks was convalescing. The only thing that surprised me somewhat was Smoke's comments about Dirks has he has had very good control overall with I think only 4 walks so far this season according to the SEC website. If JD pitches to his potential we could have 5 very good starters by tournament time, instead of 4, and that would really be a blessing when the pitching usually gets thin in the CWS, of course if we make it there.

6. DDTigerFan

If we make it there???? I think you mean when we make it there!

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I would love to say that but I'm always a worry wart and never certain about these things, although our track record is awfully good. how about if I use "probably"? :grin:

8. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Ok DDTigerFan.....your avatar is cool, but its driving me nuts!!! :wink: :grin:

9. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

i'll be at the game tonight...i'll though i'll probably leave at 8:30 to come home and catch the 2nd half of the women's hoops game

Geaux Tigers!

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

At least its not one of those optical illusions that gives you a headache and makes you crosseyed.