LSU/Charles Scott

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 24, 2009.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yep.

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Highly-touted LSU RB commitment Jeremy Hill (2011) and highly-touted LSU prospect Kenny Hilliard (2011), according this article published yesterday:

“While I was there I talked to Jeremy Hill,” Hilliard added. “I heard he had committed and I’m glad he did that. He was telling me to go to LSU with him and we could be like Keiland Williams and Charles Scott. He wanted me to go there with him so we could be that kind of combo too. He had me thinking about it and it sounded like a good idea.”

TigerRag - RECRUITING: Hilliard Nearing a Decision

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I have a hard time believing mock drafts have any credibility 6 months before draft day.

I hope he does get drafted 2nd round. He deserves it.

4. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I know Scott/Williams/Holliday aren't running like they used to, but I do think that out of all of them, Scott will most likely play in the NFL. He doesn't have the blockers he had last year. Personally, I love watching him too much to bench him. I think he could work as a FB with either Shep, Williams, Holliday (or hell, why not all of them) in the backfield:milesmic:

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Hell, that might just work. I mean we do 5 wideouts, why not 4 in the backfield. J/K of course, but hey it would be fun to watch it.

6. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

The running game has been a mystery all season.....So many questions.

Is Scott hurt (ie ankle) he liked to talk last year how he was trying to cut better like Walter Payton, and all I see is him run straight up like Eric Dickerson.

Is it the Offensive Line? It is true the line has been a huge disapointment (IMO) this year. I really can not say I see too many gaping holes when I watch the games.

Is it the play calling? Not many quick hits to the outside to keep defenses from crowding the box.

Where is Keiland? Even if he is hurt now, why was he used so little all season? Also when Murphy went down, why did we not replace him with someone?

IMO it is Gary Crowton....let's face it, he just does not seem to be able to adapt to change after he has been in a program for a while. He is definitely not a QB coach like Jimbo was. I believe he will hurt us for years to come.

1 person likes this.
  7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I don't give them much credence either - other than to say that if most of them think he's a 3rd rounder, then he's probably going to get drafted in the late rounds.

2nd round might be possible if he ignites for the rest of the season. Otherwise, I think he's somewhere after the first 75 or so.

8. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I mentioned I would like to see Ridley... wouldn't mind him getting carries against Alabama to see what he has.

Tonight he looked very fast, tons of power and great vision but just one drive basically so we shall see. Looks like the most complete back on LSU's roster.

Next week the chance of that Scott play up the middle working is slim.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ridley did look really good. And not just because it was the Tulane defense, but he just looked really good regardless.

10. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

He did everything right... he cut back when there was a lane, he ran over people when he had to, he out quicked people when it was the right time and he avoided when he had to.

Speed, power, movement and vision. excellent.

I swear you could see the marbles running around in Les's head on that drive. That was Tiger football on that drive, there was flow to the offense. Defense couldn't plan on Scott going up the middle or Williams on the outside.