LSU/Charles Scott

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 24, 2009.

1. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Told you guys before the start of the year that Scott up the middle play was done after game 4 LAST YEAR. It was plain as day. Sure he might have a big play here and there or even a big game from time to time... but you are not going to run that play with success in the SEC game in and game out.

2. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

We did.

3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I don't know man. He got dozed one time that caused JJ to get rocked. Not what I want to see out of a fullback. Maybe with some work, but I dunno.

It would be different if he was able to grab 3-4 ypc. At least that way he'd be a great 3rd and short or 4th and short go-to-guy, but the blocking isn't allowing it. Also, when the O runs the I formation with a fullback, the fullback gets beat every time and it's over pretty quick.

I like the idea of TH and RS in the backfield. Confusing and fast as hell! :geaux:

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Shepperd had one run that looked great and the blocking was great. If he you take out the long run everyone would have been disappointed. 71 total yards all one one play. He did drop the one pass. Just saying, I am not ready to drop Scott. I remember the Ga. game. He saved our a$$.

1 person likes this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

maybe mixing it up a bit would get things going, like starting KW and having CS come in in relief for certain situations, especially in the second half.

6. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

I don't know if I agree Scott isn't a good back, but I would love to see more calls with Shepard and Trindon in the backfield...mimicing Florida's offense with those two would certainly keep defenses honest. Defenses would obviously have to think run and with the receivers we have it would not be a stretch to think they could get open for a quick throw.

How did you like that catch Randle made last night...so SWEET!

7. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

Guys ( and girls) am i the only one who has issues with our running game?

where is the charles scott and KW from 1-2 years ago-- is it them or the o line not giving them the hole blocking-- what is the freaking problem.

the announcers made a great point-- we have so many weapons we can never get into a rhythm-- the back are in for one play and come out and we pass and vice versa-- WTF?

i agree i thought jj was a little better and what happened to our receivers? they were dropping so many passes of what i consider "catchable passes" again WTF?

like i said, im ok with our defense and it is getting better--- did you notice how they were flying around the ball-- big factor was 2 weeks off of course. but our o line, blocking, what i consder weird play calling--- i mean come on 5 wr-- duh we're going to throw the ball-- what has happened to our offensive scheme-- do we even have one?

well anyway rant over- a win is a win--- but you know who says that? notre lame?

i think we figured out how to beat ALA--- TENN has figured it out-- grind it out with a running game- which of course WE DONT HAVE RIGHT NOW.

YouTube - FIX IT

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Wow, most every agrees. I had decided to post something on the feebleness of Scott up the middle. All of you beat me to it! Don't know why we kept calling that play. I am afraid the running game needs a complete overhaul. If we can't get it right by now, not much hope, IMHO, for getting it ready fob 'bama.

9. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

With all due respect to Charles Scott, he just does NOT hit the hole quick enough. Plain and simple. By the time he hits the line of scrimmage, the hole has already collapsed.

With that said the holes in the line don't stay open for long, and that's the perfect opportunity to send someone small and fast.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I would add, that CS has no vision to make any type of cut backs to find alternate openings. Also, many times the exchange between he and JJ almost seems off and not timed right. By the time it happens tge D is already on top of the play.